• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

How's that? As much as DM likes to tinker, they will surely get a chance at some point. The better athletes will play. Just look at the frosh mins this year. Not sure why you think that lineup is so unlikely to happen.

That lineup has one guy that can make a 3 pointer and 1 guy that can shoot reliably to 17 feet.
I think JC will have a great career at Wake and will be a major steal. However, he plays against relatively weak competition in Florida and will have a big time learning curve in the ACC next year. Definitely a guy whose talents are in the paint at this stage.

I wouldn't be shocked if all three of next year's freshmen play but none of them start. Depends on Dinos' development.

Funny how we've trotted out a lineup of MJ-CMM-Hudson-Darius-Devin and y'all are worried about having enough 3-point shooters on the court. Darius has range but he is far from a great 1st or 2nd option from the perimeter.

My overriding point is that I don't think Danny is afraid to experiment and if you play D and crash the boards, you have a chance to get minutes. And if this team learns how to play an aggressive 3-2 or amoeba like zone, with a guy like Doral manning the middle, who knows? We seem to have about 12 different lineup combos already this year so I apologize if my "what-iffing" seems so outlandish. :)

It will be nice to have more shot blockers on the court. I like DT's game and he has improved, but he's not really a rim protector. More of a below the rim banger. I'm also not opposed to see a bit more of Washington. He may not be a world beater, but he can swat some shots and he makes it very difficult for guards to get in the lane and hit runners, something we've had a problem with the last few seasons. Sometimes 7 footers almost don't need to do anything other than be 7 foot and throw off dudes shots.

It will be nice to have more shot blockers on the court. I like DT's game and he has improved, but he's not really a rim protector. More of a below the rim banger. I'm also not opposed to see a bit more of Washington. He may not be a world beater, but he can swat some shots and he makes it very difficult for guards to get in the lane and hit runners, something we've had a problem with the last few seasons. Sometimes 7 footers almost don't need to do anything other than be 7 foot and throw off dudes shots.

Washington is abysmal. I think he works hard, but he just doesn't have it. People need to stop thinking he can play effective minutes for us.

Washington is abysmal. I think he works hard, but he just doesn't have it. People need to stop thinking he can play effective minutes for us.

You realize we just won Manning's first ACC game and Washington played effective minutes for us, right?

I assume DeaconSig is thinking Washington playing a steady 10 minutes a game whereas everybody else is thinking spot minutes in relief of Devin before or after a TV timeout.

You realize we just won Manning's first ACC game and Washington played effective minutes for us, right?

Washington played minutes, yes. Effective? I don't believe so, but your mileage may vary.

I will also note I was responding to somebody who wants Washington to play more, something I think would be a terrible idea.

I just don't think Dinos will become a reliable option from the perimeter until we see what happens with Greece and the Euro...

I don't need to see much more of Washington than we saw last game. I just like shot blockers because they can have a tremendous impact on the court, especially against teams that try to get to the rim. I look forward to DM bringing in more of them next year.

DeaconSig-
Washington is hardly abyssmal. Yes, he got beat a couple times against Ga. Tech, but to think his minutes weren't valuable Saturday just shows how you little know about the game.

We've heard from Giles before his senior year starts so by the end of the summer at the latest. Hopefully Kwe commits soon.

We've heard from Giles before his senior year starts so by the end of the summer at the latest. Hopefully Kwe commits soon.
I hope so too. With Dennis Smith and Tatum in Giles' ear, it'd be nice to have two of his best local friends in his ear constantly as well. I have to think that the more that Wesleyan is successful this season, the more that Giles could see himself succeeding with Brandon and Kwe at the next level as well.

If you're a Wake fan, your DNA has evolved, compelling you to pull for the underdog...and it's not sports-specific. Kinda the way I feel about Andre Washington. I just want him to do well; bless it. He may not be appreciably better, but he has improved. I get the impression he's worked hard to do so.

If you're a Wake fan, your DNA has evolved, compelling you to pull for the underdog...and it's not sports-specific. Kinda the way I feel about Andre Washington. I just want him to do well; bless it. He may not be appreciably better, but he has improved. I get the impression he's worked hard to do so.

To me, he doesn't even look like he enjoys playing basketball anymore. He just seems to always be hanging is head and going through the motions.

I have to admit I was glad Washington got some minutes last game as it's tiring to see no one effectively challenge anyone driving into the lane. If Washington can alter some shots and make chippies and the occasional hook (the former may be less likely than the latter), he will have earned whatever minutes DM gives him. Certainly makes sense to play him in the right matchups and we really have zero shot blockers with Tree out of commission.

Back