• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I don't remember why Boozer slipped to the 2nd round.

Yeah, Manning and Chill and Woodberry are just so much cooler than the Duke donks

Also, I can't see how anyone can argue with Manning's big men development

I have a feeling this will come down to how competitive we start next season

If he signs in the first period it will be before the season starts

The championship game usually is on time warner cable somewhere, as well. 4:00 on Sat.

Yeah, I'm more worried about the game being pushed back/cancelled if Thur/Friday games don't work out due to weather. Hopefully most of the teams are going to travel today before the storm hits. I'll be on the campus they're holding the games at Saturday already, so transportation isn't an issue for me.

Wear all the WFU gear you have brother. Be loud and proud

I was planning on it. :thumbsup:

Elton Brand was not a bad big man in the NBA. Duke does not have a good track record with developing big man who later became stars in the NBA, which is actually quite shocking given the number of 5 stars and McDonald's all Americans that have gone there.

I don't think we need to narrow the scope to just Duke big men...How many Duke players at any position have gone on to become stars in the league? It's not very many considering the number of 5 *s/All Americans that have passed through Durham.

Deng, Boozer, Grant Hill, Maggette (sorta), laettner (sorta), brand... thats about all I can think of

Undersized. Not a great athlete. Not much of a defender, rebounder or shot blocker. All of which turned out to be true.

Sure, but that was a very weak draft outside of Yao and Williams. Boozer and Darius were probably the two best bigs not taken in the lottery. Other limited players were taken ahead of him.

Boozer being selected so low was weird because great Dukies tend to be drafted in lottery clusters. For Williams and Dunleavy to go 2 and 3 and Boozer to get picked early 2nd was not to form at all.

Kyrie Irving... but really their big man track record for their level of recruits is conspicuous.

I don't think we need to narrow the scope to just Duke big men...How many Duke players at any position have gone on to become stars in the league? It's not very many considering the number of 5 *s/All Americans that have passed through Durham.

Deng, Boozer, Grant Hill, Maggette (sorta), laettner (sorta), brand... thats about all I can think of

Kyrie Irving to the point that you can count him.

Let's be honest. Duke or Wake has zero effect on Harry's ultimate "brand."

Hopefully, he and his people have enough common sense to realize that. I mean, you can't seriously follow the NBA and still think shit like that matters.

Damian Lillard went to Weber St.
James Harden went to Arizona St.
Steph Curry went to Davidson
Klay Thompson went to Washington St.

Get in the league. Kick ass. Then you get a "brand."

He's not an elite player (and it pains me to say it) but JJ Reddick has had a nice career in the NBA with a defined role plus he's made an all-star game or two (I think?).

He's not an elite player (and it pains me to say it) but JJ Reddick has had a nice career in the NBA with a defined role plus he's made an all-star game or two (I think?).

What? No. I don't think he has any type of NBA honors.

Hopefully, he and his people have enough common sense to realize that. I mean, you can't seriously follow the NBA and still think shit like that matters.

Damian Lillard went to Weber St.
James Harden went to Arizona St.
Steph Curry went to Davidson
Klay Thompson went to Washington St.

Get in the league. Kick ass. Then you get a "brand."
Yeah, my thought as well. It's probably something recruits think about, but it's pretty silly to compare schools' NBA track records (whatever the hell that means). God-given, natural talent is the overwhelming reason why players succeed in the NBA. Not where they went to school.

As for Giles, NBA types are pushing Duke as a better business decision. We need more of a heart over head call by Harry.
The NBA seems to be in love with Coach K these days...ever since he started coaching Team USA. I don't see why it's a better business decision though. Of the famous NBAers from W-S...Paul, Howard, and Rusty were All-Stars or on NBA Championship teams. Hubert Davis missed both.

JJ Reddick does have an elite level outside shot. That skill keeps him in the NBA.

JJ Reddick does have an elite level outside shot. That skill keeps him in the NBA.

Remember when people actually asked why JJ Redick was rated higher than Richard Joyce?

JJ has had a much better career than I thought he was going to have. His first couple of years in the NBA, he looked pretty bad. He's been a good role player the past couple of years, I think (correct me I'f wrong, NBA guys). He hasn't come close to being an All-Star though.

JJ Redick has never been close to making an all-star game.

Now we know what the standard would be for JJ to make the All-Star Game. He'd have to put up Kyle Korver numbers and there would need to be several injuries, especially in the West.

Back