• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Indiana doesn't have any spots and Crean's seat is pretty hot right about now. I don't know what that means for us regarding Maker, though, especially since the guy has a lot of high major offers.

And I'mma have a hard time listening to anyone who calls Levy a guard; he was a 4.

Durant and Levy's games (apart from the obvious talent gap) are nothing alike. Levy was limited offensively, especially from the perimeter. His biggest assets were rebounding and defense.

His game was more Draymond Green than it was Durant. Draymond Green was a "big" in college.

Jamaal is also currently playing center in Argentina , so clearly someone would refer to him as a "big".

Ok. Not sure what that has to do with whether he was considered a big while he was at Wake. The guy started at WG/WF for 3 years. I'd be shocked if he started 5 games for Wake as PF.

This is the 2015 version of the stretch 4 conversation last year.

I can't believe I have been drug into the argument. But hell- if we run out a lineup next year with Crawford/Miller-McIntyre/Hudson/McClinton/Thomas, does that make McClinton a big? He's a WF that can't shoot, but can play D and rebound.. Which is the same as Levy.

Apologies if someone mentioned this pages back, but 24/7 has updated Jamal Murray's page and Wake is now in Jamal's Top 5 with an upgraded "Warm Interest," which I don't recall seeing just a week or so ago when folks were saying he was a heavy Oregon lean. Perhaps Oregon is still at the top of his list, but if we can get him on campus for a visit, who knows? Plus, his dad seems heavily involved in his recruitment so that could help our chances if education is emphasized along with the supreme benefit of playing for the esteemed Coach Manning.

Harry Giles is Rodney Rogers. He could legitimize the program and be the catalyst for big time recruits to come to WF for years to come. However, when we look back in 4/5 years, we might just be saying that Brandon Childress was our most important recruit. They guy can shoot and seems to have the toughness needed to win games in the clutch. I can't wait to see Childress and Crawford together! I like CMM and Madison Jones; but, sadly, they cannot shoot consistently; and, definitely not when the game is on the line.

I don't care how many miles are on his odometer - since when can the greatest power forward of all time still in his thirties or forties not play a game of pickup

Apologies if someone mentioned this pages back, but 24/7 has updated Jamal Murray's page and Wake is now in Jamal's Top 5 with an upgraded "Warm Interest," which I don't recall seeing just a week or so ago when folks were saying he was a heavy Oregon lean. Perhaps Oregon is still at the top of his list, but if we can get him on campus for a visit, who knows? Plus, his dad seems heavily involved in his recruitment so that could help our chances if education is emphasized along with the supreme benefit of playing for the esteemed Coach Manning.

Seems like an Oregon lean because the last 6 crystal ball predictions on there are for Oregon, including 4 in February. Haven't seen anything new on him lately, including word on his reclassification after it was reported he almost definitely would.

Apologies if someone mentioned this pages back, but 24/7 has updated Jamal Murray's page and Wake is now in Jamal's Top 5 with an upgraded "Warm Interest."

I incorrectly read this as "Jamaal Levy" and in the context of what is currently occurring in this thread, it was quite funny.

Ok. Not sure what that has to do with whether he was considered a big while he was at Wake. The guy started at WG/WF for 3 years. I'd be shocked if he started 5 games for Wake as PF.

Let's agree for the moment that in our standard starting lineup over his last 3 years, Levy started at the 3, Danelius at the 4, and Williams at the 5.

Levy's sophomore year Danelius and Williams played 51 out of 80 available minutes at the 4/5. Chris Ellis, the only other big, played 13. That means Levy played at least 15 minutes a game (over half of his minutes) at the 4/5.

Levy's junior year Danelius, Williams, and Visser, combined for 55 out of 80 available minutes at the 4. Chris Ellis played half the season and only averaged 6 minutes a game. That leaves about 20 minutes (over half) for Levy at the 4/5.

His senior year, Danelius, Ellis, Williams, and Visser played 68 out of 80, leaving only 12 minutes for Levy at the 4/5.

Of course it was rare for Levy to be on the floor without at least one other big (I'm sure it happened in late game situations where we needed a 3 and Levy was the nominal center) so most of those minutes were at the 4.

Point being that over half of Levy's minutes at Wake were played at the 4.

Back