• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Seems a lot of posters are just not giving Manning his recruiting due with the "loss" of Kirk.

Is that LOWF rearing its insidious head?

So far, it looks like Manning is at the least a competent recruiter. I'd be willing to bet he knows something about the Kirk situation that precluded an offer, or he would have probably gotten one.

Someone else on the line who's a better fit? What if Manning is going to add someone who is strong defensively as a first priority? Sure, we could use a wing shooter, but where did this team finish last year defensively?

Lots we don't know.

I know this is a great place to do some 'supposin'' (and everyone is entitled), but the immediate knee-jerk negativity around here sometimes just leaves me scratching my head (or is that my balls?). :)
I don't think anyone is not giving Manning respect in his recruiting thus far. Some (myself included) were disappointed in losing Kirk as we really thought highly of him. But I wouldn't say any of the posts were along the lines of Manning being a bad recruiter. I think we've all moved on pretty quickly and back to positive vibes again.

Also, LOWF is not close to showing right now. There have been the occasional posts over the last few months about us not being able to land Giles compared to our in-state brethren, but that is the closest thing to LOWF that has been posted (that I remember).

I, for one, am now at a loss for who we are after and what the status is for this final scholarship. Could someone, who is much more informed than me, post a summary of who we are still interested in for this last ship? Thanks

Maybe its just me, but the Rowsey thing doesn't sit too well. UNC-A gives you a chance, you preform better than most expected, so then you bounce, screwing the school that gave you a chance.

Having said that, I love chuckers. Come on down, young man!

I, for one, am now at a loss for who we are after and what the status is for this final scholarship. Could someone, who is much more informed than me, post a summary of who we are still interested in for this last ship? Thanks

Hard facts: we have very few basketball insiders on this board anymore.

Hard facts: we have very few basketball insiders on this board anymore.

Same for football. I like it. Our staffs don't run their mouths off to hangers on.

I may have missed this, but I haven't seen anything concrete on the status of Madison Jones? Is he expected back after the suspension? With the Rountree transfer I know we'd still have one scholarship open either way. Madison has his deficiencies, but it never hurts to have another veteran ball handler on the roster.

This Shaun Kirk stuff is so weird to me.

First, the out of nowhere verbal to NCSU. Then he gets an offer from Kentucky? But can't get one from Wake?

Would love to know the story here, but I'm pretty sure we never will.

I'll just choose to assume that either Manning has a different plan for the last 2015 scholarship (or didn't think Kirk would qualify academically). But I hope we hear something soon... Otherwise, this just makes no sense to me.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - Shaun Kirk to NC State... Giles #vibes

I don't think there are any basketball insiders on any of the boards at this point. I enjoy trying to read the tea leaves though.

nice try, but looks like you just got #defeated again on the death of paying for insider info

Really? Instead of paying for propaganda and smoke screens from DemanDeac, we get tweets from insiders all over the country. Deac94 volunteers to take free information and some pay information and write it up for us.

How many people here pay for insider info anymore? It died.

Kinda feel for the kid: in the clutches of Gott or Cal. Moral of the story is hit the books!

Is there any reason to believe this, especially given how long our staff waited for Hudson to get his academics together.

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello
Wake Forest, USC and Arizona State have offered four-star junior PF Mario Kegler, per his AAU coach.
-----

Mario Kegler Profile

On the site, his STATUS is "undecided" so he is most likely a 2016 and not an alternative to Kirk this year. Bring on the grad skool transfer or Jamal Murray please! A man can dream no?

Perhaps Kirk was just really anxious and couldn't pass up the oppty from State to play in the ACC and closer to home (Whiteville)?

Last edited:
Back