• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Not exactly sure how people are satisfied with Hudson and McClinton as our wings. That is a burning area of need.

I think these guys did a pretty good job as freshmen, especially Hudson. Their potential is considerable. We simply do not get many freshmen who make huge contributions from day one. Development is our game.

Not exactly sure how people are satisfied with Hudson and McClinton as our wings. That is a burning area of need.

Hudson is pretty damn good IMO. And Mclinton can do all of the dunks Kirk shows off in his no defense AAU games. I would rather have Crabb. I've seen what he can do in ACC play and I like it.

And the new blonde hair on Kirk this past weekend wasn't exactly WFUesque .

I think these guys did a pretty good job as freshmen, especially Hudson. Their potential is considerable. We simply do not get many freshmen who make huge contributions from day one. Development is our game.
Some players develop over the course of their college career. Some don't. Coaches shouldn't just make the assumption that a player will develop. They should always be looking to maximize their talent level, especially when you went 13-19 the previous season. No way is Manning settling with Hudson and McClinton as his wings going forward.

lolwut?

Off the top of my head Devin, Codi, Travis, JT Terrell, CJ, Ari, Aminu, James, Jeff, Ish, LD, CP3, Justin Gray, Big E all made huge contributions during their freshman season.

Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller
Rawle Alkins (@Iam_RawleAlkins) tells me the latest schools to show interest are North Carolina, Ohio St, Iowa, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest
-----

As posted before, Alkins may be forced to do a prep year or at least leave NY to play next year due to a rule limiting four years of varsity competition. There is some speculation that if he were to transfer schools, he would go to a prep school in NC and possibly even in the Triad. Huge talent but a huge offer list with some big names on it.

Last edited:
Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller
Rawle Alkins (@Iam_RawleAlkins) tells me the latest schools to show interest are North Carolina, Ohio St, Iowa, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest
-----

As posted before, Alkins may be forced to do a prep year or at least leave NY to play next year due to a rule limiting four years of varsity competition. There is some speculation that if he were to transfer schools, he might go to a prep school in NC and possibly even in the Triad. Huge talent but a huge offer list with some big names on it.

Danny watched him on Saturday.

Danny watched him on Saturday.

I'm not sure Rawle's realistic judging by the below. Sterling Gibbs would be a huge pick up. Head butt was stupid but he's supposedly a really good kid.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/recrui...ik-monk-rawle-alkins-bruce-brown/#more-133921

Alkins said he plans to commit in the spring of 2016.

“Oh yea, I’m late, real late,” Alkins stated. “I feel like I am going to commit real late. I want to be one of those guys where, ‘I’m Rawle Alkins and this year I will committing to …’ on like national television.”

I'm not sure Rawle's realistic judging by the below. Sterling Gibbs would be a huge pick up. Head butt was stupid but he's supposedly a really good kid.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/recrui...ik-monk-rawle-alkins-bruce-brown/#more-133921

Alkins said he plans to commit in the spring of 2016.

“Oh yea, I’m late, real late,” Alkins stated. “I feel like I am going to commit real late. I want to be one of those guys where, ‘I’m Rawle Alkins and this year I will committing to …’ on like national television.”

So.... He's out....

lolwut?

Off the top of my head Devin, Codi, Travis, JT Terrell, CJ, Ari, Aminu, James, Jeff, Ish, LD, CP3, Justin Gray, Big E all made huge contributions during their freshman season.

When I think "huge" contributions I don't mean "solid", I mean Okafor, Winslow, Jones type contributions. We don't get many players like that.

Back