• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I know this is stating the obvious, but I feel compelled to reaffirm how deeply I hate Duke sports. My Facebook page is rampant with Duke fans (some of them WFU grads) analyzing their fucking lineup with this new 5-star commit. Every time I see a Duke success or a WFU failure (which are often related) on the horizon, I try to zen up so it won't affect me. It never works.

Watching Richard Washington highlights from BSD shows a super sweet stroke with deep range. I'm sold on EW and RW. Can we get both of these guys?

I've seen no evidence at all that Rodney Miller is actually good

Sweet 16's plus first and second round loses with more burger boys than anyone other than UNC and Ky sucks
It's a one game playoff against quality competition. Shit happens sometimes.

Duke in last 15 years:
4 Final Fours (3 of them championships)
1 Elite Eight
5 Sweet Sixteens

UNC in last 15 years:
3 Final Fours (2 of them championships)
3 Elite Eights
1 Sweet Sixteen

UK in last 15 years:
4 Final Fours (1 championship)
3 Elite Eights
2 Sweet Sixteens

They just won a national championship, have the winningest coach in D1 history who also happens to be the Olympic head coach, and have a ton of recruiting momentum. You don't need to look much further than that.

Watching Richard Washington highlights from BSD shows a super sweet stroke with deep range. I'm sold on EW and RW. Can we get both of these guys?
I think WF could definitely land them both. Washington seems pretty likely right now with the amount that WF watches him plus the aforementioned Rivals article, while Eli Wright has expressed interest in the past and has an official visit planned. Plus WF is the only school still in the running to have a crystal ball projection for Eli Wright.

However, things could get complicated based on which guards the staff prefers as Kwe Parker is likely deciding before the other two. If the coaches prefer Washington and Wright, the question becomes how willing are the coaches to wait on those guys if Kwe is ready to commit. And I guess the coaches need to gauge how likely those two players and Kwe are to commit to WF if given the chance. But if the preference is Kwe and one of the others, it becomes simpler as you take Kwe (if WF can) then one of the others.

I will say Miller has a lot less buzz around him than most 4*'s in that range and I don't think he got on the court much for Oak Hill this year. Also strange there are so few videos of him on youtube. I trust he's good because I trust DM's eye for talent, it's just funny how quiet everything is about him

I've seen no evidence at all that Rodney Miller is actually good

Likewise, Washington's other offers appear to be ECU, High Point, Hofstra, James Madison, Longwood, ODU, Radford, and possibly Cincinnati (listed by Verbal Commits, not Rivals or 247). We would be killing [Redacted] for prioritizing a recruit like that.

Likewise, Washington's other offers appear to be ECU, High Point, Hofstra, James Madison, Longwood, ODU, Radford, and possibly Cincinnati (listed by Verbal Commits, not Rivals or 247). We would be killing [Redacted] for prioritizing a recruit like that.
True, but it does seem like Washington is picking up steam and every time he plays there's a tweet or chatter about him

I could be wrong.... But there have been minimal updates on Miller this summer (if any at all)

You are probably right regarding [Redacted], but rankings be damned, this kid can play. He's a very good shooter who has a nice feel for the game, and also plays on a high caliber AAU team. Scouts were very impressed by his play this weekend.

I will say Miller has a lot less buzz around him than most 4*'s in that range and I don't think he got on the court much for Oak Hill this year. Also strange there are so few videos of him on youtube. I trust he's good because I trust DM's eye for talent, it's just funny how quiet everything is about him

It's because he's not playing on the circuit currently.

I'm not sure why he's dragging it out. He seems to be sleepwalking through the attention most recruits love with canned answers. If he wants to be part of a superclass, he can go ahead and openly recruit them.
Maybe it's because he hasn't decided yet?

Washington is under-recruited also because he plays for a small-private school in VA. The fact is he's one of the best players on Team Loaded VA which is a top 10 team in the country and played ridiculously well this weekend

GettyImages-453701942.0.jpg

K's connection to USA BB doesn't seem to hurt

With Washington wanting to decide in Aug-Sept and Wright taking an official the first week of August, the waiting game may not be an issue with them. Now if Kwe calls tomorrow and wants to commit I'm not sure what you do.

GettyImages-453701942.0.jpg

K's connection to USA BB doesn't seem to hurt
Some well respected writers have criticized Coach K's recruiting advantage from coaching team USA. Regarding Duke's NCAA record over the past 14 years, there have been 3 embarrassing first round losses ( VCU , Lehigh, Mercer), a second round loss to WVU, and only 3 final fours ( they did win it twice ). That's not impressive for a team always ranked in the top 5 with a team stocked full of burger boys. The 2 championships can't hide the shit displayed during 11 of the 14 years.

Kwe and the first to commit between Washington and Wright. If Kwe delays or chooses another school, try to get the other two .

Back