• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

The good news is that Harry will have early reports on our incoming freshman now from lil chill and Kwe (if he ends up committing)

It seems that Manning has at least made this a difficult decision for Harry.

I might have ended the video with a couple of Manning moves that HG doesn't yet have in his arsenal. Come to wake, and those are yours.

Giles confirmed he wants to play w Tatum and it is a priority to go where he can win a championship in year one. Why is that good news for us?

I agree with tobacco, i dont see how its changed anything. Hes goin to Duke.

Manning has done a great job staying in the game, but the quotes about wanting a chance to win a championship in his one college year scream Duke commit to me. I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up there.

Giles confirmed he wants to play w Tatum and it is a priority to go where he can win a championship in year one. Why is that good news for us?

The "good news" is that the article makes it seem like Giles and his pop are saying player development is a top priority in the same breath as they mention wanting to win. Other than Winston ties, our supposed competitive advantage here is big man development. So, it is good news that Giles is saying player development is a top priority and recognizing that Manning has been in almost exactly his place and had great success from there.

I don't think this article has many people thinking we're leading for him. It just gives some nicer vibes than we've had since the Tatum commitment.

Am I the only one who thinks the future of the basketball program is not entirely dependent on HG? It would be nice to see HG in a Wake uni for a few months but the future is really dependent on consistently landing top 50-100 players who stay for 3-4 years.

Am I the only one who thinks the future of the basketball program is not entirely dependent on HG? It would be nice to see HG in a Wake uni for a few months but the future is really dependent on consistently landing top 50-100 players who stay for 3-4 years.

Obviously not. He just accelerates the timeline and makes it easier for us to recruit after him.

If we don't get Harry, I don't think it's until 2017-18 that we have a realistic shot at the NCAAT, unless the 2015 guys and 2016 most likely targets really outperform their rankings.

If we don't get Harry, I don't think it's until 2017-18 that we have a realistic shot at the NCAAT, unless the 2015 guys and 2016 most likely targets really outperform their rankings.

Disagree. I think we can make the field of 64+ with a starting lineup of 4 star players.

Said this on the other thread, but without HG I think we'll be better this upcoming season than we will in 2 years. Agree with Ayo about 17-18 tourney team.

With a more favorable schedule this year's team could be a fringe bubble team I think.

Sorry for the diversion. Back to recruiting, Danny was at the Adidas event tonight where Team Loaded Virginia was playing. The recruiting period started at 5 today.

Back