• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Found this interesting post on the football recruiting thread

-DeacFan03
"Dennis Smith apparently has talked to WF about the potential to play both basketball and football in college. He plays CB for TCS, but if he commits for basketball I believe he would be allowed to simply walk-on for football and not use a scholarship

I feel like that's so heavily weighted from his freshmen and sophomore years. Obviously you know that too.
Yeah, Wright is definitely going to move up in the rankings to at least top 100. Also, it's still strange that no one has gotten a proper profile and ranking up for Washington on 247. He's not exactly an unknown player at this point.

Give me another Cj Harris type (sounds like that is Eli) and another athletic wing. KWe/Washington

Dennis smith playing football makes me laugh.... He is an obvious one and done guy and the very idea of him out there taking hits on a football field is absurd. Now, if it helps him choose wake then get him suited up with a helmet and shoulder pads!

Dennis smith playing football makes me laugh.... He is an obvious one and done guy and the very idea of him out there taking hits on a football field is absurd. Now, if it helps him choose wake then get him suited up with a helmet and shoulder pads!

I get your point. He is an 17/18 year old kid. If he wants to play football then let him play.

Found this interesting post on the football recruiting thread

-DeacFan03
"Dennis Smith apparently has talked to WF about the potential to play both basketball and football in college. He plays CB for TCS, but if he commits for basketball I believe he would be allowed to simply walk-on for football and not use a scholarship

15.5.9.1 Football. [FBS/FCS] In football, a counter who was recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8) and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who participates (practices or competes) in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football. A counter who was not recruited (per Bylaw 15.02.8)and/or offered financial aid to participate in football and who competes in football and one or more sports (including basketball) shall be counted in football.

So even if he never has any contact with the coaching staff before walking-on, he'll count against football if he plays or practices with the team.

AAU Events:
Big Shots Richmond - Team Loaded VA (Richard Washington, Javin DeLaurier), Team Loaded NC (Dennis Smith)
Super 6 Showcase - Hoops Dreams (Eli Wright), E1T1 (Bruno Fernando), DC Blue Devils (Brandon Childress)
Hall of Fame National Invitational - Mass Rivals (Wenyen Gabriel), NY Lightning (Rodney Miller?)

Team Felton is still playing in the Under Armour Finals Open but Kwe Parker has not played in the team's last few games
Team CP3 is playing in the CP3 Live event but Harry Giles is not participating
The Adidas All-American camp has wrapped up so those players may be playing with their regular AAU teams this week
Other recruits are probably playing somewhere this weekend but I couldn't find anything in the short time that I looked

Last edited:
BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - WF makes Dennis Smith's top-6; Tatum to Duke

Pitt offered Wright today.

Comparing offer sheets, there seems to be a decent gap between Wright and Washington/Kwe. Since Washington offers something the other two don't (high level 3 shooting), it makes a lot of sense for the staff to have Wright and Washington as the first two on their board.

I feel like that's so heavily weighted from his freshmen and sophomore years. Obviously you know that too.

Kwe's been dropping on every board pretty much for the last 6 months. The thing is drops usually aren't massive because that implies their initial perception was way off. It's usually 20-30 spots per update. Kwe went from around 50 to ~100 on all sites over the span of a couple updates. If you are just looking on impact in AAU games, Washington and Wright seem to be far more effective players even though they are ranked lower

Yeah, Wright is definitely going to move up in the rankings to at least top 100. Also, it's still strange that no one has gotten a proper profile and ranking up for Washington on 247. He's not exactly an unknown player at this point.

I've also wondered why he doesn't have one yet. Him and Quinton Rose have multiple HM offers and are solidified 3*'s on all other sites and yet 247 doesn't even have a composite for him

Last night I dreamed that we got Smith Jr. and Giles. I told my buddy, who is also a Wake fan ,and he said it was a wet dream.

...well...yeah.

Back