• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Him goin to Oak Hill put the nail in our coffin. With that being said i have full confidence Manning will get us back to the top half of the ACC.

Rodney Miller remains the only center that Wake is publicly connected to at the moment. They've offered S. Herard, M. Bolden, and I. Bennet but WF has not been connected with any for a while. But it is possible WF goes with 2 PFs in 2016, with one having the size & ability to play center as well. Ekiyor is listed as a center on a couple sites, so he might fit the bill.

Simply labeling him a 4-star doesn't really cut it. He hasn't progressed like a 4-star and likely won't be by fall. We'll see if he ever takes the next step recovering from his injury, but his lack of following this AAU reason tells the story.

His only offer right now is Rutgers. That doesn't scream Top 100 recruit to me.

The only reason Kwe is still a 4* is because his hype initially was crazy going into his junior year. It is much easier to rise dramatically in rankings than it is to fall dramatically, and a 50 spot drop since the winter on most sites is about as harsh a fall as it can get. He is down to four schools and three of them don't want him. He said he wanted to visit UF, FSU, and WF this summer and no visits have been scheduled. That says it all right there

I can see Wake taking a post-playing 4 (Like Ekiyor) and then a stretch 4 (Like Froling/Freeman) instead of a true 5 as the two bigs in this class. Losing Dinos will make way for a stretch 4 on the roster and taking one will allow for some more flexibility in lineups. I also am not sure Miller is as talented as his ranking says either, but I will wait to judge based on his first few months of his SR season at Oak Hill

He can't get homesick if he's home. You Winston peeps need to be tweeting at Harry non-stop with every good thing going on there.

Yep.

K & Co. do NOT like the unlimited access the Childress family has had to Harry over the last few years...and the exposure to all things Wake Forest via Brandon and many of Harry's friends.

Winston-Salem is a small town- the basketball network is small and, to be quite honest, is very Wake-centric. Harry has been around that atmosphere almost non-stop for several years. I was told a few weeks ago that dook was going balls to the wall after Harry...

If Harry went to Oak Hill due to K's influence, then that would say it all.

Meh. This thread has become downright bipolar.

It's a perfectly rational move for a guy like Giles to go from Wesleyan to Oak Hill. Oak Hill has worked out pretty well for players who have gone there, especially in terms of increasing their "brand" before their freshman year in college. It's a good move for a top prospect to play on the biggest stage possible. Like it or not, small private christian schools in High Point that play most of their games against small private schools in NC doesn't really cut it in terms of visibility, especially when compared to a school like Oak Hill or the other prep mills.

At the end of the day and like cooler heads have posted, it doesn't really matter where Harry goes to college and I'm sure he knows that. What's becoming clear, however, is that there won't be any clear signs, one way or another, until he makes his decision.

Until then, just relax. Media is gonna media (and y'all are really offended what Jeff Borzello characterizes Wake?), but we're still in this thing.

He can't get homesick if he's home. You Winston peeps need to be tweeting at Harry non-stop with every good thing going on there.

twitter.png

Serious inquiry: what city would be a better fit than Winston (or insert any other college town) for an 18 y/o who can't go anywhere or do anything w/o being recognized?
For example, everybody talks about The U being attractive to recruits b/c of South Beach. That may be cool for a 4-year football player, but a one-and-done hoopster who is the #1 player coming out of high school is not going to do the stretch limo and bottle service thing. Between preseason workouts, practice, games and maybe a little schoolin' thrown in he's going to be in a bubble for the 8 months or so he's in college, regardless of what school or city. Would think off-campus attractions will be a minor consideration.

Back