• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I didn't know anyone still rented DVD's. Harry can borrow my Netflix log on.

Is it legal for us to convince someone like Washington or B-Chill to do a prep year in order to make room for all these 5* one and dones that want to come here?...or do we have to send Watson or someone else packing.

I wouldn't say Bam wants to come here, I think we are just one of his finalists. Him and Smith to State is still very much the most likely package deal that happens that includes D Smith. I also think it is easier to create attrition rather than ask Washington to do a prep year. I think if you ask a commit to wait a year he will likely reopen his commitment and see who else offers him throughout his senior year

Is it legal for us to convince someone like Washington or B-Chill to do a prep year in order to make room for all these 5* one and dones that want to come here?...or do we have to send Watson or someone else packing.

Louisville tried that in football and they got crushed and lost their recruit to us, it would be even worse for a bball team to try that.

We'll take any 5 star that wants to come though and make it work with transfers.

I wasn't saying was a good idea, I was just wondering if the NCAA allows that sort of thing.

One thing I'll say on the Washington commitment is I think it's getting a lot of criticism simply based on poor timing. If the McEwen news didn't break on the same weekend, I don't think a lot of people would've had as much of a problem with landing RW. Many over the last few weeks had begun to realize Washington is a much more helpful asset than Parker, and despite the lower ranking, would've taken him over Kwe 9 times out of 10 based on the summer they just had. But all of a sudden a top 100 4* Canadian PG comes out of nowhere and labels us as the favorites the day after we land RW and it seems like we sold ourselves short. We knew we needed 2 wings and Washington and Wright seemed like perfect solutions for the slots given we didn't want Kwe anymore and guys like Kegler and McGusty were leaning elsewhere. Now it looks like we are virtually conceding a top 100 player simply because of lack of scholarships and our impatience to get back to the top of the ACC understandably is at an all time high. I think Washington is a good addition for the program, but if one of Wright/McEwen ends up going elsewhere and shows he's the real deal, we are always going to wonder "what if" about the commitment.

Last edited:
I think it also had something to do with McEwen being the third leading scorer and 2nd in PER at a huge tournament with 40-50 top 100 players playing this weekend. That mixed with him favoriting us.

One thing I'll say on the Washington commitment is I think it's getting a lot of criticism simply based on poor timing. If the McEwen news didn't break on the same weekend, I don't think a lot of people would've had as much of a problem with landing RW. Many over the last few weeks had begun to realize Washington is a much more helpful asset than Parker, and despite the lower ranking, would've taken him over Kwe 9 times out of 10 based on the summer they just had. But all of a sudden a top 100 4* Canadian PG comes out of nowhere and labels us as the favorites the day after we land RW and it seems like we sold ourselves short. We knew we needed 2 wings and Washington and Wright seemed like perfect solutions for the slots given we didn't want Kwe anymore and guys like Kegler and McGusty were leaning elsewhere. Now it looks like we are virtually conceding a top 100 player simply because of lack of scholarships and our impatience to get back to the top of the ACC understandably is at an all time high. I think Washington is a good addition for the program, but if one of Wright/McEwen ends up going elsewhere and shows he's the real deal, we are always going to wonder "what if" about the commitment.

OGBoards style guide: RW is the prick who leads our athletic department. The young man you're referring to is to be called "Dick Wash."

2ccsefd.jpg

CLryaHQUYAA2_gS.jpg

Normally I just read and am not much of the posting type. This is one instance where I just had something to say and where I have a little knowledge about the involved parties.

I think the Dick Wash stuff should end now. It might not be appreciated by RW. I'm damn excited to have his commitment myself and apparently so is our coaching staff.

Back