• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16 - Wright (8/21) & McEwen (8/28) visiting! Miller...

Bruce Pearl. Ben Howland is at Mississippi State. These guys are top notch recruiters.

I thought we didn't want Howland because he was boring and couldn't recruit.

Marques Bolden.

I know Manning eventually needs to sign some players of this caliber, but I am still impressed with the legit interest he is able to generate amongst these recruits. It really feels like it's just a matter of time before he starts making serious noise on the recruiting trail even if it doesn't materialize with the 2016 class.

Manning has brought in for visits for the 17 class with Borcello, PJ Washington and Caraher. Thats impressive. Hopefully we can land em now!

It's not even close to that point but if it gets down to where Bolden is an actual consideration for WF, Danny's going to have to beat out his alma mater and mentor in KU & Self.

I thought we didn't want Howland because he was boring and couldn't recruit.
I don't think either is true. Howland's rep is that he's a cantankerous asshole. He also is an ace recruiter. His personality has compromised his recruiting before and it likely will again, but the man can recruit with the best of them.

Where are people seeing Bolden visited?

I think we'll have a great shot at Caraher in '17 and I expect Danny will try and get him on campus as much as possible these next two years like he did with the local '16 guys.

The other problem with Howland is that there were serious questions of his team chemistry at UCLA and a total lack of control with some players. His recruiting ability has always been top notch, but I'm assuming Wellman was always going to avoid a questionable character 4 years after the Gaudio dismissal. Also showing a little love on social media to Wright as he visits MSU today might not be the worst idea

I think we'll have a great shot at Caraher in '17 and I expect Danny will try and get him on campus as much as possible these next two years like he did with the local '16 guys.

Despite visiting Wake and UNC in the past week, it appears people expect him to go to Richmond. With so few scholarships available, I doubt he is near the top of the list.

If those highly rated players from Texas did visit last weekend, you'd think our staff would let someone from one of the networks know. Even if they aren't seriously considering Wake, it never hurts to generate some positive press.

Back