• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

MSE: After graduating high school, players have four options before they may enter a NBA draft: Sit out one year, overseas, college or NBA Development League. Which is better for Moore at this point?

Wendell Moore Sr: His dream is playing at Duke University and he’s very passionate about that. So I would say college.

Welp, hope he has fun this weekend..

Not surprising, Markelle Fultz officially eliminated Wake today. His final list is Arizona, Louisville, Kentucky and Washington. He's expected to announce tonight.

Manning is a stealth recruiter. All his visits are kept quiet. With that said McEwen and Mooney would be fantastic pickups.

I like Mooney. Would be a nice pickup. Need those kind of guys in the post. Manning seems to target well rounded players. Washington and Mooney seem to have a lot of similarities in their style of play. Guys like them make coaches look good. Less potential perhaps, but higher floors which can be important when establishing a foundation. Reminds of guys that Bennett would recruit.

You guys are really strange. For the last 5 years Wake was never mentioned when top recruits listed their schools. Now we are on a lot of lists. I know we have yet to land a big fish, but Manning has upped our profile and the big commits will come. Maybe not this year, but if we win a few more games watch out!

You guys are really strange. For the last 5 years Wake was never mentioned when top recruits listed their schools. Now we are on a lot of lists. I know we have yet to land a big fish, but Manning has upped our profile and the big commits will come. Maybe not this year, but if we win a few more games watch out!
That's not really a fair comparison. We never were on top recruits lists because of our joke of a coach during that time. Look at our 2010 class. It may have been a bust of a class but 4 out of 5 were top 100. In 2009 Arizona Stewart was top 100 and then all of the 2008 AFA class were top 100. When we've had a competent coach we've been able to recruit top 100 talent.

@coreyevans_10: 2019 Cox Mill wing Wendell Moore took an unofficial visit to Wake Forest today. He will visit Virginia tomorrow for its elite camp

That's not really a fair comparison. We never were on top recruits lists because of our joke of a coach during that time. Look at our 2010 class. It may have been a bust of a class but 4 out of 5 were top 100. In 2009 Arizona Stewart was top 100 and then all of the 2008 AFA class were top 100. When we've had a competent coach we've been able to recruit top 100 talent.

My point exactly. We have a good coach and he will bring in top talent, lets just not panic yet

Had dinner last night with a big group of friends at the DC Fogo De Chao. The table behind us was set up for a big group as well and it ended up being the Stanford basketball team. Bunch of our guys were Villanova grads and they play Stanford this year so they said something (light hearted, well received) to the coaching staff on their way out. Johnny Dawkins was laughing and asked if everyone was from Villanova - I said no, a couple of us were Wake Forest guys. He got a little more serious and looked at me and said "you guys have Danny Manning now - that's one hell of a coach. You're in great hands." I thanked him and said it was nice to be excited about our team again. He came off as very sincere for what it's worth.

Thanks. Although he is a disciple of the ferret, I'm willing to accept your take on this with reservations.

Nevertheless, first meaningful post in weeks.

Last edited:
I read that as more of an indictment by dawkins on how shitty [Redacted] was. No offense to danny.

Back