• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I'm fine with Koby taking his time.

Seems like all of our targets are taking multiple visits and this will take a while to play out. Might as well swing for the fences while the biggest names are still out there. We have limited spots anyway.

Thank goodness John Collins is taller than Devin. Doral is also consistently a big dude in these photos. Wilbekin's smile. Lol

I also love me some Crab. Just always seems to be reppin hard and taking pride in being here. Not sure what it is in the pic but might be memories of watching him hit some gutty shots and then collapse on the floor in disappointment after a few close losses last year. Just seems like he really cares.

Last edited:
UNC picked up a commitment from Tony Bradley tonight. He plays the same position as Froling so it may affect their decision about whether to offer the Aussie.

Is bilas right in the middle?

When I was their age it was not cool to pull your socks up that high. #imold

Who are the two dudes right in front of Crab? Looks like Bilas and ...? Looks like McGregor, assuming Crawford is on the right, who is bigger than I thought.

And it's cool Bilas' son is on the squad. Bilas was always favorable to Wake. Hopefully we can give him something to crow about.

Last edited:
He's ranked lower than Crawford was and plays the same position . So he's going to come in and put Crawford on the bench? If we get him, great but it's not a big deal. Wright was more of a shooter so that one hurt a bit. But he would have had to put Wilbekin , Washington and Woods on the bench . If there is some video showing Koby hitting threes I would love to see it. Just basing this on the video I've seen so far. ( ps just saw 2016 Adidas Inviational video . Most of his highlights are drives but he is shown hitting 3 jumpers with pretty good form. Maybe he is a combo guard who could play beside Crawford)

I'm sure there is. Thankfully, large recruiting decisions are usually not based on limited-defense highlight footage.

Bilas once wrote about how is son had a great interaction with Skip and the younger Bilas loved Wake Forest because of it.

Two things I remember most about Skip Prosser: he never made excuses, and he always said thank you. “Never delay gratitude,” he would always say, and he lived it. Once, after Skip had accepted the job at Wake Forest, I spoke at an event for him, and at the conclusion of the event, he handed me an envelope with a check in it. I wouldn’t take it from him, and told him I accepted the event simply because he asked me. That wasn’t good enough for Skip. He knew I had a young son, Anthony, and he said I should send him to his summer camp.

My wife and I thought our son was a bit too young for a week of overnight camp, so Skip encouraged me to bring Anthony to his two day “Father-Son” camp. I agreed, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Just before Fathers’ Day, Skip and his staff ran the Father-Son camp, and a bunch of dads and their sons went through camp together, ate together, and stayed in the dorms together. And, Skip had his players working the camp, so Anthony and the other kids did drills with Chris Paul, Justin Gray and Eric Williams. Skip and his players were absolutely great with the kids, and Anthony left the camp a huge Wake Forest fan, and he left there thinking that Skip and Chris Paul were his friends.

The following season, in 1995, I was assigned the Wake Forest-Illinois game when the Deacons were ranked No. 2 in the country. Illinois crushed Wake, and after the game I called my wife to check in. She told me that Anthony took the Wake loss pretty hard, and cried. Later, I went into the Wake Forest locker room to see Skip, and after we had talked for a while, he asked me how Anthony was doing. I told him what my wife had told me, and I didn’t think much of it.

Later that season, I was broadcasting the Wake Forest-Texas game, and I took Anthony with me. Before the game, Skip came over to where Anthony was sitting, and whispered in his ear. Later, I asked Anthony what Coach Prosser had said, and Anthony told me, “He said not to worry about it, because he cried after the Illinois game, too.”

Two things I remember most about Skip Prosser: he never made excuses, and he always said thank you. “Never delay gratitude,” he would always say, and he lived it. Once, after Skip had accepted the job at Wake Forest, I spoke at an event for him, and at the conclusion of the event, he handed me an envelope with a check in it. I wouldn’t take it from him, and told him I accepted the event simply because he asked me. That wasn’t good enough for Skip. He knew I had a young son, Anthony, and he said I should send him to his summer camp.

My wife and I thought our son was a bit too young for a week of overnight camp, so Skip encouraged me to bring Anthony to his two day “Father-Son” camp. I agreed, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Just before Fathers’ Day, Skip and his staff ran the Father-Son camp, and a bunch of dads and their sons went through camp together, ate together, and stayed in the dorms together. And, Skip had his players working the camp, so Anthony and the other kids did drills with Chris Paul, Justin Gray and Eric Williams. Skip and his players were absolutely great with the kids, and Anthony left the camp a huge Wake Forest fan, and he left there thinking that Skip and Chris Paul were his friends.

The following season, in 1995, I was assigned the Wake Forest-Illinois game when the Deacons were ranked No. 2 in the country. Illinois crushed Wake, and after the game I called my wife to check in. She told me that Anthony took the Wake loss pretty hard, and cried. Later, I went into the Wake Forest locker room to see Skip, and after we had talked for a while, he asked me how Anthony was doing. I told him what my wife had told me, and I didn’t think much of it.

Later that season, I was broadcasting the Wake Forest-Texas game, and I took Anthony with me. Before the game, Skip came over to where Anthony was sitting, and whispered in his ear. Later, I asked Anthony what Coach Prosser had said, and Anthony told me, “He said not to worry about it, because he cried after the Illinois game, too.”

Glad you shared this. Great story.

OOPS

Back