• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

A crazy stat is 10% (approx) of 7 footers in USA play in the NBA.

-Another "Wake Forest post"......Homeboy snagged his stat from a TED Talk. I know this because I watched the same TED Talk just a fortnight ago.

I coached Nicholas Claxton in little league football & unfortunately had to coach against him in basketball. His dad is a 7 footer, played @ UGA & had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

3 games, 7 minutes. More like a sip of coffee.

Isn't what Giles is doing (i.e.: hanging around the program, playing pickup with the team, working out on campus, etc) effecting what CP3 did during his late high school years when we were recruiting him? Seems very similar to the stories I have heard about Chris. No matter how you spin it, every visit to Wake during this fall has helped increase our chances, even by a small margin.

If he goes to Duke, he'll have a great chance at cutting down the nets.

I'm not sure our supporting cast would be the second coming of the Miracles, especially with a freshman.

So, does he want to be a Champion or are there intangibles that would make that insignificant.

I would want a chance to win it all and could anyone blame him?

I'm not sure our supporting cast would be the second coming of the Miracles, especially with a freshman.

So, does he want to be a Champion or are there intangibles that would make that insignificant.

Harry has a choice
Joining up with a legend
Or be a legend

#ChooseTheNarrative

I had no idea there was an NBA Claxton besides Speedy Claxton.

I coached Nicholas Claxton in little league football & unfortunately had to coach against him in basketball. His dad is a 7 footer, played @ UGA & had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

I was at UGA with Charles. I'm not old enough for him to have a kid being recruited for college ball.

I agree. Nobody can fault him if he wants to have a chance to win it all and while that might be possible at Wake with him here, it's certainly not the place that would give him the best chance to do that in his one year of college. However, while Harry choosing to go somewhere else (especially if it's Duke) would hurt, it would hurt even more at this point because of how much he has been around the program and all of the stuff we've continually rolled out from him, like pickup games with three different NBA All Stars and two future HOFers. Harry comes across as being very mature in all of his interviews and I think the way that he has handled his recruitment thus far is commendable. He talks a lot in his interviews about not wanting to disappoint anybody and, at the end of the day, regardless of who he chooses, somebody will be disappointed. At this point though, with how much Danny and Chil have laid out for him and all of the time that's been invested on their part that could have been spent recruiting other players, it would really be a kick to the nuts if he went somewhere else and it would almost certainly burn bridges with Danny and Chil. I think Harry respects both Danny and Chil a whole lot; too much to string them along with all of these visits if he already knows that he's just going to go to Duke at the end of the day. This is really a round about way of saying that we're being seriously considered, but I like our chances given how much he's voluntarily been around the program lately. I've been trying to downplay the fact that he canceled on OV to UNC to come back to campus again so I don't get my hopes up, but it's really hard not to see that as a huge positive sign.

#VIBES

Sure you can blame him for playing for a huge prick.

Back