• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Jesus, plama, it was one game. How the shit was vad's post even wrong after their respective debuts, anyway? He said that Okafor is going to be a big PTS/REB guy, and that KAT is going to be the better all-around player because his defense isn't dogshit.

So far, both of those things check out.

He states his face up offensive game is severly lacking, states derrick favors was a better prospect and compares him to Enes Kanter, meanwhile in his first game he's taking people off the dribble from the 3 point line.

Last edited:
I think Favors was a better prospect, if one who (like Kanter) has seen his personal stats negatively impacted by Utah's system.

I also think that Kanter may end up being a prescient comparison point for Okafor.

I think Favors was a better prospect, if one who (like Kanter) has seen his personal stats negatively impacted by Utah's system.

I also think that Kanter may end up being a prescient comparison point for Okafor.

Enes kanter ranked 363rd in real plus minus last year right behind glen davis and dahntay jones, and okafor is the most skilled big in 30 years. Take the L, RSF

Break that real plus minus up between its offensive and defensive components and try to understand why somebody would make that comparison for an offense-first big like Okafor, plama.

Okafor's D was pretty decent last night. Didn't fare so well in PnR defense against IT, but that will come with experience. One on one defense was surprisingly decent for the most part, even got a few blocks out of it.

The biggest surprise was the FT shooting. If it wasn't a fluke, he's going to be an all star for a long time and much better than any of the armchair morons describing him as al jefferson 2.0

"The most skilled big in 30 years" is also one of the dumbest descriptive phrases I've read on here in a while, but sure, keep throwing that out there.

(This is all better served on the NBA thread, obviously, but I sorta wanna continue it here to rustle the olds' jimmies?)

He's more skilled in the post than Favors is now, or ever will be. Can't take anyone's basketball knowledge seriously when they even mention him in the same breath

Nobody's talking about Favors and Okafor in the same breath vis a vis offensive skill. It's cool that basketball #simpletons put so much weight into offensive game, though.

Let's get back on track!

images

I think a pretty decent case can be made that Duke's pigeonholing Okafor's game into the deep post cost him the #2 overall spot. When you look at his NBA game, you realize that he can do a lot more than score from 2 feet away, which is pretty much all he did at Duke. Look at his offensive skill set from last night. He might not have gone #1 overall over KAT, but there is no way Okafor falls to #3 if he plays for a different team.

It will be interesting to see what Giles does. I think his best fit is Wake Forest. For now and definitely for the future. You need a marketing story if you want to make that marketing money. Hometown hero is a great way to start.

Agreed. Hometown hero is the absolute best way to start your story. Great individual coaching from a man who has done it all before is a great second step. Looking forward to the future.

Also, still had no takers on the 2 FREE Duke / Florida Southern tickets I was offering up for a Wake fan to attend tomorrow's game between Duke and Florida Southern. GA tickets in Floor 17 right where the Cameron Crazies normally are, general public seats. Must wear Deac gear or have a Deacs sign. You'd need to pay for overnight shipping as the tix are with me in New England...

Back