• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Died while exercising! What a kick in the pants.

I miss Skip, did he have his faults as a coach, sure, but our programs would be so much better right now if that awful event hadn't happened. I like Manning though and he's getting us back, like football though it takes time and we're all tired of being patient.

I miss Skip, did he have his faults as a coach, sure, but our programs would be so much better right now if that awful event hadn't happened. I like Manning though and he's getting us back, like football though it takes time and we're all tired of being patient.

We were patient for the 2 decades of [Redacted].

This kind of setback is hard to take but life goes on. We seem to on the slow road to a better place. Harry would have been a quick fix. Still like our roster if we get everyone back and ready to go.

Well said.

It's really unfortunate that Giles is from W-S area. It makes it personal for us. His options are to either be the savior, hero, local legacy, or the goat, turncoat while selling his soul to the devil. I'm sure he's a good kid, but he'll be loathed by the Deacon faithful for years to come. Is it fair? Probably not, but there is no middle ground here.

Go Deacs!

This isn't technically over, but hypothetically if it is true:

I'm going to "hate" Harry Giles when the second he picks duke just like I "hated" every other duke player that walked into the Joel. The Harry Giles love fest is over. I'm not from Winston-Salem, I just love Wake Forest. As soon as he picks Duke, he's the enemy. Can I understand why he would go there? Sure I can see plenty of scenarios that would result in him going there. But if his heart was with Wake all along and he still couldn't pick us? Well then I would "hate" him even more. That's just what fans do.

IF the news is true. We owe nothing to HG. He's another dukie in a long line of detestable people who have come through that program. IF the news is true, fuck him.

And I just had to interact with the Dukie in the office next to me, who was quick to inform me that Harry has changed his announcement date and moved it out of Winston, if I hadn't heard.

Has anyone heard anything from Kvegas? May have missed it

tumblr_m56fo2ePAI1qb3cxdo1_500.gif

It better not be true about CP3 guiding him towards Duke while [Redacted] was here.

Here's what I don't understand, what does he really gain going to Duke? Giles is going to be a one and done high draft pick whether he comes here or Puke. If he goes to Puke he the man one year and then they're on to somebody else, come here and he's a legend for life and it's not like our program can't produce NBA stars. Mike Greenberg on ESPN was making a great argument yesterday that Timmy D. could be on the Mt. Rushmore of all-time NBA players. To me if it's true his "heart" was with Wake, he's just a sell-out to go to Puke.

Here's what I don't understand, what does he really gain going to Duke? Giles is going to be a one and done high draft pick whether he comes here or Puke. If he goes to Puke he the man one year and then they're on to somebody else, come here and he's a legend for life and it's not like our program can't produce NBA stars. Mike Greenberg on ESPN was making a great argument yesterday that Timmy D. could be on the Mt. Rushmore of all-time NBA players. To me if it's true his "heart" was with Wake, he's just a sell-out to go to Puke.

It's pretty simple: he has a way better chance to win a title there

It better not be true about CP3 guiding him towards Duke while [Redacted] was here.

I don't know, if I could ever understand one of our former players guiding another player to go somewhere else, it would be while [Redacted] was the coach. However, Manning is here now and I think he'd be a great fit for a guy like Giles.

Back