• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

PMs sent to everyone who first pmd me a nood. Did not expect so many dick pics. Y'all some weird people. I also inadvertently learned what cumtoast and strawberry milkshake was. I'll rely on those who received pms to disseminate the info.

Define good.

I'd say good would be winning 20+ most years, at least getting votes in the top 25. Regular NCAA tourney invites. At least a factor in the conference discussion. I think lots of people that matter shoot for mediocrity, even if they don't admit it (although "historically competitive" is pretty close to admitting it).

The ACC ought to be in basketball the way the SEC is in football. Middle of the pack SEC teams are generally very good teams.

Ah, the exceptions vs. the norm argument.

I find it unlikely that DM is better at evaluating talent than any other coach. He's been desperate and has taken risks that good programs don't have to take.

These two arguments have been used for decades in the context of WFU basketball, as a way to rationalize our illogical emotional commitment to WFU basketball.

I know a lady who won the lottery. I don't think I'm going to win the lottery.

If all of the WFU coaches were as good at finding diamonds in the rough as we have hoped they were, we wouldn't need them any more.

I heard a couple things this morning which are very, very damning if true. I don't want this tied to my main username, so I'm relaying via a parody.

We wanted Harry, we fought for Harry, and Harry wanted us. In the end, it came down to something so fucking simple, it's maddening. Manning couldn't guarantee Harry's admission to Wake because he couldn't grant an academic exception, and Duke could. Apparently, Harry's grades and test scores aren't up to par for a typical Wake student. RivalsLess mentioned a handful of pages back that he would be surprised if Harry could graduate in December. It make sense.

If true, we might as well shutter up the doors and say fuck it. If we want to compete for elite players, we have to step up and take chances. Someone else mentioned a while back that Dino realized what needed to be done with exceptions in order to compete with the big boys, and it was a fight that ultimately led to his firing. Harry is a one and done, he'd only be here one semester. Whether it's the AD or Admissions, heads need to roll.

I heard a couple things this morning which are very, very damning if true. I don't want this tied to my main username, so I'm relaying via a parody.

We wanted Harry, we fought for Harry, and Harry wanted us. In the end, it came down to something so fucking simple, it's maddening. Manning couldn't guarantee Harry's admission to Wake because he couldn't grant an academic exception, and Duke could. Apparently, Harry's grades and test scores aren't up to par for a typical Wake student. RivalsLess mentioned a handful of pages back that he would be surprised if Harry could graduate in December. It make sense.

If true, we might as well shutter up the doors and say fuck it. If we want to compete for elite players, we have to step up and take chances. Someone else mentioned a while back that Dino realized what needed to be done with exceptions in order to compete with the big boys, and it was a fight that ultimately led to his firing. Harry is a one and done, he'd only be here one semester. Whether it's the AD or Admissions, heads need to roll.

Ridiculous. James Johnson got into Wake off 2x secret probation.

we let in crab just a year ago. we don't have tougher standards than duke. harry didn't want to come to wake, it's okay. let it go.

I did hear that Harry's grades weren't great but I have no doubt that we would have gotten him into Wake if he really wanted to come.

Like the classic movie Frozen once so eloquently said...... LEEEEEEEET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEEEEEEEEEEET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know according to townie I don't know sports but I want to go on the record that Childress is going to be a bust

And the 2016 class will stink to high hell

predicting that a 3 star prospect will be a bust is really putting your cred on the line

giphy.gif

Back