• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Forget 3 outside and 2 inside, it's more trending 4 outside and 1 inside.

There are no inherent lineup defeciencies if we were to land Randolph and play him next to Chaundee. Chaundee would even have good size for a power conference SF. And rj is right that lineups are more accurately descibed these days as points, wings, and bigs. You need at least 2 good wings in every lineup.

It's getting close 4/1, but I'm not sure it will ever get there. You need more than one rebounder.

A friend of mine has a semi-crazy but semi-sensible game modification that will make long distance shooting not as dominant a force. He was actually CFO of a nine figure company. so he knows numbers. On the opposite side he never met a shot he didn't like. :)

His idea is to change scoring completely. The basis is the three point shot in college and pros is too easy and counts too much. If you get 50% more points, teams will take too many. When the three was created, it was set up as a curiosity to bring in more fans in the ABA rather than the go to shot. His concept is to have 4 points shots from a slightly longer distance and three point shots inside the arc.

If the long range shot is only worth 25% more than the shorter shot, it becomes more strategic and more skilled. It could create a more interesting game.

It's getting close 4/1, but I'm not sure it will ever get there. You need more than one rebounder.

A friend of mine has a semi-crazy but semi-sensible game modification that will make long distance shooting not as dominant a force. He was actually CFO of a nine figure company. so he knows numbers. On the opposite side he never met a shot he didn't like. :)

His idea is to change scoring completely. The basis is the three point shot in college and pros is too easy and counts too much. If you get 50% more points, teams will take too many. When the three was created, it was set up as a curiosity to bring in more fans in the ABA rather than the go to shot. His concept is to have 4 points shots from a slightly longer distance and three point shots inside the arc.

If the long range shot is only worth 25% more than the shorter shot, it becomes more strategic and more skilled. It could create a more interesting game.

Why not have 10-point spots scattered around the court? How about a 25-point hoop that is 17 feet off the court or a 50-point hoop 25 feet off the court?

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! VIBES!

He knows exactly 9 numbers

To me the real limitation of these two playing together will be rebounding and defense, not offense. If one of them is a really good rebounder, we'll have no problem at the SF/SG position. Plus if Melo can rebound well, we'd be golden. We are getting ahead of our selves though. We need a commitment Randolph get too far along in analyzing line-ups.

Fucking Facepalm. Have you watched us play bball the last 6 years? The real limitation of them NOT playing together is us then having to utilize the rest of the 3star corndoggs that make up the rest of our roster.

Well, technically, if one knows 10 numbers, one knows them all. So 9 outta 10 ain't bad.

RJ's friend:

200_s.gif

Fucking Facepalm. Have you watched us play bball the last 6 years? The real limitation of them NOT playing together is us then having to utilize the rest of the 3star corndoggs that make up the rest of our roster.

Well no shit, my point was that the offensive game of these two will not be limiting for us. Compared to the rest of our line up they are studs and they will get their buckets, but we do still need to play defense and rebound and that appears to be more of an unknown.

Well no shit, my point was that the offensive game of these two will not be limiting for us. Compared to the rest of our line up they are studs and they will get their buckets, but we do still need to play defense and rebound and that appears to be more of an unknown.

Brown is supposed to be a good defender and each has size and athleticism.

Starting Line UP 2017:

1: Crawford
2/3: Randolph/Brown
4: Collins
5: Moore

Don't see a problem with Brown/Randolph at all.

Also don't know if both would start to start the season. Brown has ACC ready body, not sure Randolph does yet.

I like this lineup!

Starting Line UP 2017:

1: Crawford
2/3: Randolph/Brown
4: Collins
5: Moore

Don't see a problem with Brown/Randolph at all.

Also don't know if both would start to start the season. Brown has ACC ready body, not sure Randolph does yet.

Depth is an issue, but that is a solid NCAA tournament team 5

Depth might be solid if Dinos stays around and Melo can play some 4

Depth might be solid if Dinos stays around and Melo can play some 4

agree

a bench of Wilbekin, Woods, Childress, Washington, Melo, Mitchell, Dinos, SJM is probably on par with several starting lineups we've had in recent years

Still think people tend to undervalue Woods, but hopefully that'll become more clear in about two months. If he's our 3rd best player this season like I hope he will be, it would be a good competition for PT in 2017

So basically depth will not be an issue

We will be filthy with a chance at a really special 2019 team

Back