• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Howard was much more complete than a 3 & D guy. Trent was not a great shooter unless I'm not remembering well at all.

Strickland's Senior year

His three-point field goal percentage (.444) was the ninth-highest single-season percentage in Wake Forest history ... was 40-of-90 from behind the arc ... made 25-of-50 three-point attempts in ACC play

Trent shot .444 from 3 his senior year. Plus averaged 11.6 pts and 6.7 rebounds a game. We would kill for that kind of production now. We have had so many sub par players in the last six years that we do not even remember hat decent to good players were like.

Strickland's Senior year

His three-point field goal percentage (.444) was the ninth-highest single-season percentage in Wake Forest history ... was 40-of-90 from behind the arc ... made 25-of-50 three-point attempts in ACC play

Fair enough. I must have blocked that out.

LD shot 39% on 1.7 attempts a game his freshman year. Got significantly worse as his career went on though.

And Gary Clark received the team's Best Defender award while leading the nation in 3P% his senior year.

Last edited:
Harv Hale once shut down OJ Mayo and hit a buncha threes in that one ACCT game so there's that.

All of which seems likely. Manning has shown the ability to develop talent (using it correctly is another issue). Crawford and Collins will be our first and second options to start the year and both seem capable of actually handling those roles. Had JTT or CMM had the luxury to come in and play behind those two as third options their careers would have been much more successful (off court issues aside).

Perhaps this should be relegated to another thread...but how the hell has Manning shown the ability to develop talent as an HC? I saw some improvement in Thomas this year, but otherwise, zero player improvement from year one to year two.

Perhaps this should be relegated to another thread...but how the hell has Manning shown the ability to develop talent as an HC? I saw some improvement in Thomas this year, but otherwise, zero player improvement from year one to year two.
Not zero, negative.

You can-NOT be serious.

sure I can. On average, you would expect a basketball player's stats to decrease as the strength of the opponent increases.

Our schedule this year would be the equivalent of playing the 56th ranked team 31 times.

Our schedule last year would be the equivalent of playing the 75th ranked team 32 times.

If our player's stats stayed the same year to year that would represent a marked improvement. They decreased slightly across the board for the sophomores making it difficult to say whether their was slight improvement, no improvement, or slight regression.

This should be relegated to another thread.

sure I can. On average, you would expect a basketball player's stats to decrease as the strength of the opponent increases.

Our schedule this year would be the equivalent of playing the 56th ranked team 31 times.

Our schedule last year would be the equivalent of playing the 75th ranked team 32 times.

If our player's stats stayed the same year to year that would represent a marked improvement. They decreased slightly across the board for the sophomores making it difficult to say whether their was slight improvement, no improvement, or slight regression.

Last comment I'll make on this here Strickland, for now anyway.
RC107, your first post says Manning has "shown the ability to develop talent", and your third post says that the schedule got so much harder that we can't really see the improvement that the sophomores made from season one to season two. There is a disconnect there and it does not seem like a serious argument. At best Manning hasn't shown anything except that he can build a tough schedule.

Last comment I'll make on this here Strickland, for now anyway.
RC107, your first post says Manning has "shown the ability to develop talent", and your third post says that the schedule got so much harder that we can't really see the improvement that the sophomores made from season one to season two. There is a disconnect there and it does not seem like a serious argument. At best Manning hasn't shown anything except that he can build a tough schedule.

Manning doesn't build the schedule and he's coached more than 4 players (the sophomores being referenced) in his career.

For the record, the late, great RJKARL was all about some Canyon Barry when that kid was in high school. He totally called it.

For the record, the late, great RJKARL was all about some Canyon Barry when that kid was in high school. He totally called it.

Oh, and by the way, he didn't need to force anyone to click on his website either.

Oh, and by the way, he didn't need to force anyone to click on his website either.

I don't think I was "forcing" anybody. It was just information for the recruiting thread that I thought would be helpful to those looking at who we might take for grad transfers...

Back