• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k17-Chaundee Brown commits to WAKE! Brandon Randolph to AZ

Eggleston has slightly better physical tools, but main thing is it depends on if skills improve or not, that's the difference. GMc never really did.

No way this dude is 6'8". Still has good ball handling for a wing and jumps effortlessly.

What a great pick-up! Welcome Melo! Way to go Chill! We are going to be good again! And, I think we would have seen a different Greg McClinton if he had not injured his knee.

Timmel "Melo" Eggleston (2017)
6'6-6'8.5 / 180-187
Small Forward

Scout: 3-star
Rivals: 4-star (#107 Overall)
ESPN: 3-star (#51 SF)
247: 4-star (#110 Overall and #21 SF)

Eggleston chose Wake over offers from Baylor, Connecticut, Miami, Georgia, Nebraska, Louisiana State, Clemson, Memphis, Virginia Tech, USC, Texas Tech, Oregon State, South Carolina, Washington State, Georgia Tech, Boise State, and Loyola (MD).

From Evan Daniels at Scout:

2017 wing Melo Eggleston verbally committed to Wake Forest on Monday, he told Scout.

[They've] been with me from the start of everything, through [the] struggle," Eggleston told Scout.

"He and the whole staff was consistent in recruiting me," he added about Danny Manning. "They told me I was their guy in 2017 and never changed up. They made it clear the could help me on and off the court, and help me reach my goals."

Eggleston said he chose Wake Forest over Connecticut, Georgia, LSU, Baylor, Memphis, South Carolina and Florida.

"I never had a set final
  • , Wake just stood out," he said.

A native of Maryland, Eggleston is a 6-foot-6 wing prospect that can score from the perimeter. He's regarded as a three-star prospect on Scout.

Eggleston is Wake Forest's first pledge of the 2017 class.

Last edited:
Always have a soft spot for the first guy in a class who is ready to go ahead and commit to being a deacon. Especially following a tough season, a fast start In recruiting can silence some critics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN Scouting Report:

Strengths:
A big wing who has loads of natural talent and upside, Eggleston's ceiling is undeniably high. He has great size for the wing and even better length and the athleticism to match. In other words, his physical tools are off the charts. He's perhaps best suited to fill lanes on the break, where he's capable of finishing explosively above the rim, but he also has the weapons to impact the game on the defensive end of the floor as well. His skill set is gradually develop and he's a threat to make open shots with room and rhythm.

Weaknesses:
His production has to start catching up with his potential. While he certainly looks the part and has all the physical tools, it doesn't always translate to him putting his stamp on a game just yet. His shooting stroke is capable, but not consistent, and overall his skill set needs to start coming out on a more steady basis. He's also a better vertical athlete than he is lateral, meaning he's not quite as quick from a stationary position as you might expect given his athleticism in the open floor.

Bottom Line:
Eggleston had a high level of recruitment at an early age, and his physical tools and long-term upside dictated that, but he needs to continue to develop, improve and turn potential into production on a more consistent basis.

What was his "struggle?" Has he been injured? Was it just struggling with his game that saw him drop?

What was his "struggle?" Has he been injured? Was it just struggling with his game that saw him drop?

No serious injury as far as I can tell. Probably disappointed with drop from potential 5 star his sophomore year to borderline 4 star.

It's been nice to have some good news since the season ended. Manning is assembling a some long athletic interchangeable players. By 2017 we better be damn good defensively.

Nice!

le bone has a lot to work with with a name like Melo Eggleston.

No serious injury as far as I can tell. Probably disappointed with drop from potential 5 star his sophomore year to borderline 4 star.

The way the Instagram post addressed his mother, I was wondering if something maybe happened to her, but I couldn't find anything online.

Back