• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

This is older at this point, and an international assessment, but Danny can definitely work with this. Block numbers are :eek:

Strengths
-Very good size for a big man at 6'11
-Has a lanky frame that should fill out really nicely in time.
-Long arms, big hands -Fluid and agile. Covers ground exceptionally well. Runs the floor with ease
-Has tremendous potential defensively. Active and competitive with ideal physical tools
-Good timing as a shot-blocker. 4.5 blocks per-40 at the U17s
-Can hedge out onto the perimeter and rotate back to make plays at the rim. Can also switch out onto smaller players, getting low and moving his feet -Closes out on shooters impressively
-Grabbed 12.5 rebounds per-40 at the U17s. Especially good on the offensive glass (4.0 in Zaragoza, 4.4 at ANGT this season)
-Very good finisher around the basket. Quick twitch off his feet. Appears to have some touch
-Late bloomer who is still at an early stage of development physically and skill wise. Grew five inches in the past two years.

Weaknesses
-Lacks strength in a major way at the moment, which affects him in every facet of the game
-Very limited offensively at this stage. Strictly a catch and finish guy. Needs to be spoonfed on offense
-Doesn't have any footwork or ability to operate with his back to the basket -Doesn't want to use his left hand
-Lacks a degree of aggressiveness. Doesn't always assert his will on games. Seems to have a little more in the tank than he's supplying at the moment
-Gets pushed around inside on both ends of the floor
-Could stand to improve his fundamentals as a post defender. Doesn't get low. Can get backed down
-Better defending off the ball than on it right now
-Doesn't have great timing or awareness on the defensive glass. Mistimes his jumps -Didn't register a single assist in 96 minutes in Zaragoza. May be more a product of his role (strictly a finisher) than his ability (he appears to be unselfish and moved the ball ahead in transition a few times intelligently), but something to monitor down the road.
-Averaged 7.3 fouls per-40 at the U17s and 6.4 at the ANGT.

:dancindeac::dancindeac:

So when JC officially goes pro, does that mean we would either A) have to have someone transfer or B)Make B Chill a "walk on", in order to take a grad transfer?

Sarr will essentially take McClinton's spot since GM is graduating and moving on. If JC leaves, we can take a grad transfer or any other player DM thinks is worthy of a spot.

I think this is a great pickup. Again- Coach Manning is getting well regarded Cs in every class (Moore/SJM/Sarr). After a while, that will really pay dividends.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Sarr's decision is made.. Wake Forest!

Sarr tweeted it, so there's our REAL confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarr will essentially take McClinton's spot since GM is graduating and moving on. If JC leaves, we can take a grad transfer or any other player DM thinks is worthy of a spot.

Thanks, that's good news. Now begs the question, do we take a big man grad transfer with Dinos, Moore, SJM and Sarr in the post? I know none of those guys are proven post scorers but I'm confident that Moore is going to step up and have a really good season for us. We know what we have in Dinos. Maybe a seasoned wing forward would be a better suit for us.

Manning is starting to pick up speed on the recruiting front. this is a great class! really excited to see what he does in '18!

Sounds like Sarr's game right now is that of a skinny French poor man's DeAndre Jordan

As someone earlier mentioned, we are projected to jump from 60th to about 33rd, right ahead of IU and just behind KU in the 2017 composite team rankings.

If that is the case, then Manning will have had 3 straight classes in the 28-34 range since his first class in 2014. That is some steady maneuvering and how you bring a team back to prominence.

Go Coach(es)!!

Wait, chill, wash, and Mitchell was a top 30ish class?

Wait, chill, wash, and Mitchell was a top 30ish class?

SJM was in that class as well. But that does seem an awful high ranking considering that outside of SJM none of the 4 were very highly touted. PErhaps it is the weight of the 4 man class. The more you sign, the higher your ranking.

Great news-- I was not out of town, but am leaving Sunday. Was going to post that Saturday if we had not had this great news. Just the specter of me leaving town works now :cool: Wonder if Randolph speaks French? He was in Europe for a number of years

As someone earlier mentioned, we are projected to jump from 60th to about 33rd, right ahead of IU and just behind KU in the 2017 composite team rankings.

If that is the case, then Manning will have had 3 straight classes in the 28-34 range since his first class in 2014. That is some steady maneuvering and how you bring a team back to prominence.

Go Coach(es)!!

That's because (it appears) 247 hasn't really evaluated him. If you take his Scout position, he should be around a 92-94 on 247 (instead of a 90), which would place the class in the 20-30 range. Or I could be full of shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back