• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Not sure why anyone would think getting Newman would be a good get. He may develop into a decent defensive player over time but he certainly is more of a role player type, not a star in any sense, hopefully we can/should do better. If he becomes a Deac, I would definitely support him but would not be really thrilled if he did commit.

Newman and players like him are the kind of kids that you have to have, especially if we strike out on our top 50 guys such as Hoard/Mucius/Ayoooo/etc. He's garnered a lot of interest from good programs recently, notably an offer from UVA. I agree that we need to get Hoard and or Mucius if we are going to consider it a "home run" class, but if we miss out on one or both, we better have Newman in the fold.

we need someone that can play PF at some point

Newman and players like him are the kind of kids that you have to have, especially if we strike out on our top 50 guys such as Hoard/Mucius/Ayoooo/etc. He's garnered a lot of interest from good programs recently, notably an offer from UVA. I agree that we need to get Hoard and or Mucius if we are going to consider it a "home run" class, but if we miss out on one or both, we better have Newman in the fold.

That totally depends on the # of schollies we have available. In a 5 man class, sure you take him and he is a versatile but average player, but in a 3 man class, sorry I don't take him unless I strike out with several other guys and late in the process not this early.

Wake is recruiting Scotty Pippen jr. No offer yet, but thought it was interesting to see the son of another NBA great pop up on the radar.

Last edited:
Judging by his instagram feed, Pippen Jr's game is nothing like his dad's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase turned into a pretty good player after he left Wake and went west. The threes started falling in for him.
[RJ incoming]He couldn't guard a chair! He couldn't get his shot off against ACC competition![/RJ incoming]

Rountree put up 6.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.8 bpg, and 1.4 spg for an NCAA tournament team after leaving Wake.

Bet he still looked like one of these on the court:

images

Rountree put up 6.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.8 bpg, and 1.4 spg for an NCAA tournament team after leaving Wake.

I had high hopes for Aaron but getting only 6.2 points in 26 min is a pretty rough offensive game and would have ruined the spaced offense that Manning created. The blocks and steals are nice but only if he's able to stay in front of his man too.

Back