• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I was just reading somewhere that former deacs grad transfer Matt Williams has already hit 52 3 pointers this year.

I don't know when that article was written but he is shooting 38% from three point land and 38.1% overall. Arians is shooting 42.2% on threes.

Against the only ranked team UCF played, he went 7-20 and 3-11.

Last edited:
we were getting both of them. Just because he left did not mean we got Austin

If we get both of them, then each's numbers go down. Williams is probably better than Wilbekin, but you need to put his numbers in context.

P.S. Mitchell is shooting better than Williams. .390/840/.429

I was just saying it would have been nice to add another 3 point shooter to our stable of 3 point shooters

If we get both of them, then each's numbers go down. Williams is probably better than Wilbekin, but you need to put his numbers in context.

We got both of them and then Williams decided to stay put. As to what would've happened? I'm not sure that anyone can say with any certainty since it never happened.

We got both of them and then Williams decided to stay put. As to what would've happened? I'm not sure that anyone can say with any certainty since it never happened.

Wouldn't you rather play 36 mpg rather than about 15-18 mpg?

Wouldn't you rather be the #1 scoring option rather than being the 4th-6th option?

speaking of UCF, I just saw that Tacko Fall is averaging 15 and 11 on 84% shooting. Jesus.

Wouldn't you rather play 36 mpg rather than about 15-18 mpg?

Wouldn't you rather be the #1 scoring option rather than being the 4th-6th option?

The goalposts are moving, but I agree with you that he made a sound decision.

27 MPG for a guy his size is pretty impressive, too.

Manning would probably be giving him the Moore/SJM treatment.

He would have to basically play with Dinos or render JC ineffectual. Tacko's lack of mobility would have his defender camped out in the lane cutting off those moves for JC. Plus he'd be right there to help JC's man who could front JC much more.
Having Tacko would also hinder driving and mid-range game of Keyshawn and Crawford.

Tacko could definitely help with the second unit but as a starter if would slow our team down and make it more difficult for our three best players.

Much less mobile than Doral.

I think Sam will get there. He made a huge mistake going back to England last year. It was a throw away year that he couldn't afford.

Back