• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Whoa whoa!!!!

Creamy is 1-0 on scoops y'all.

Fwiw I haven't heard good things on the Mucius front and I heard the Hoard news early in the summer.

But I'll ride the vibes. Actually really like our chances with Ayo.

Fwiw I haven't heard good things on the Mucius front and I heard the Hoard news early in the summer.

But I'll ride the vibes. Actually really like our chances with Ayo.

Hoard was the only one I was certain about.

Still confident on Mucius. Have you heard anything to make you think he won't commit or just haven't heard any pro wake news?

Excited to have Hoard on board.

Is the consensus here that Ayo is next on everyone's wish list?

For whatever reason, I'm more "on edge" regarding a grad transfer big man for this year and Laszewski. Fine with either Ayo or Devoe.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- 2018 SF Jaylen Hoard Commits to Wake Forest!!!!!!!!!!

Excited to have Hoard on board.

Is the consensus here that Ayo is next on everyone's wish list?

For whatever reason, I'm more "on edge" regarding a grad transfer big man for this year and Laszewski. Fine with either Ayo or Devoe.

I'd like Mucius, Ayo, Laszewski, Devoe, and Roberts in that order.

Last edited:
...here's a theory: the whole Harry Giles recruiting roller coaster broke the curse of He Who Shall Be Redacted. I'm not sure if it was JC being a break-out star and getting drafted higher that broke it, or Giles jilting us by going to Duke, but somehow the curse was broken.

Anyway...WF sports is the only thing I'm superstitious about, so I'm in on this theory. That's it folks, the long athletics nightmare is over. LOWF is done. We're back to TJDK. GO DEACS!

Hope we can get Ayo and Laszewski and we'll have a perfect class. Haven't seen either play in person but Mucius and Eggleston seem cut from the same mold and I'd love to have a stretch 4 like NL. We are pursuing some real ballers.

Terrence Thompson(Marshall) and Jack Whitman(Kansas/W&M) are a couple of grad transfers that play power forward that are still floating around.

Last edited:
Hope we can get Ayo and Laszewski and we'll have a perfect class. Haven't seen either play in person but Mucius and Eggleston seem cut from the same mold and I'd love to have a stretch 4 like NL. We are pursuing some real ballers.
This is probably my optimal class but I really like Devoe & Mucius too. Pick up 2 of those 4 and WF has a very potent team.

I've heard we're intending to take two more in this class, one of the point guards and one of the forwards.

Back