• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Those lineups that allow us to play Brown, Hoard and Mucius are going to be "lit" as the kids call it these days.

Mucius is going to play the wing for us. He is a guard.

Call it what you want. Moore/SJM/Sarr/Sunday aren't going to combine for 80 minutes.

Call it what you want. Moore/SJM/Sarr/Sunday aren't going to combine for 80 minutes.
You're both basically saying the same thing. Mucius (if he comes) will likely play some at the 4 spot, but WF will largely be playing a 4-1 offense so it'll be "power forward" in name only as he'll be outside the paint more than he's in it on offense.

You're both basically saying the same thing. Mucius (if he comes) will likely play some at the 4 spot, but WF will largely be playing a 4-1 offense so it'll be "power forward" in name only as he'll be outside the paint more than he's in it on offense.

Exactly.

I still think (barring growth) Sarr could easily become a PF. With modest improvement, his skill set can translate into playing inside and outside.

You are forgetting about our stretch forward freshman we are going to sign with this class :).

I still think (barring growth) Sarr could easily become a PF. With modest improvement, his skill set can translate into playing inside and outside.
I'm not sure if this really addresses or contradicts my post. I'm very high on Sarr as well but he's not going to play the entire game at PF even so. So one of the wings will likely fill that time. Mucius' interview seems to indicate that he'd be fine with playing the combo forward role.

This assumes WF doesn't land Laszewski as I don't think it's likely, even considering the most recent article.

RE: Sarr/Moore/Sam/Sunday totaling 80 mpg in 18/19- Basically that will take the light coming on for Sam or Moore. Danny likes to play his starters 30+mpg. Hell, he even played Wilbekin 28+mpg one year. Thus, Sarr plus one of the centers will be at least 60 mpg. The non-starting center will get 10 mpg or more. So 70 mpg should basically be a lock. The other 10mpg is about going small sometimes. Or going athletic by moving Sarr inside.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- '18s Devoe, Laszewski, and Mucius on OVs this w...

Wrangor, I was being pessimistic about Laszewski. If Manning pulls in the dream class, he has an enviable minutes problem.

I'm not sure if this really addresses or contradicts my post. I'm very high on Sarr as well but he's not going to play the entire game at PF even so. So one of the wings will likely fill that time. Mucius' interview seems to indicate that he'd be fine with playing the combo forward role.

This assumes WF doesn't land Laszewski as I don't think it's likely, even considering the most recent article.

I'd be shocked if we get both Mucius and Laszewski. Without bulking up tremendously, Mucius will have trouble playing standard PFs. He's just too thin at 185/190. Even at 210-215, any player would get tossed around like a rag doll by 230-240 PFs. If we go with Hoard/Mucius at the forwards, we should do it against opponents' second teams or to press.

However, if, at times, we play Chaundee, Hoard, Mucius and Sarr, it will rival the AFA, JJ, JT, LD, Ish team as the most athletic team in Wake history.

Wrangor, I was being pessimistic about Laszewski. If Manning pulls in the dream class, he has an enviable minutes problem.

Pessimism is a dangerous and addicting drug PH. Don't let yourself get hooked...you'll turn around and be BKF. :cool:

How much will this thread/board freak out if and when a recruit uses #vibes in a tweet? It's bound to happen at some point.

I'd be shocked if we get both Mucius and Laszewski. Without bulking up tremendously, Mucius will have trouble playing standard PFs. He's just too thin at 185/190. Even at 210-215, any player would get tossed around like a rag doll by 230-240 PFs. If we go with Hoard/Mucius at the forwards, we should do it against opponents' second teams or to press.

However, if, at times, we play Chaundee, Hoard, Mucius and Sarr, it will rival the AFA, JJ, JT, LD, Ish team as the most athletic team in Wake history.

Where are these 230-240 PFs? Charles Oakley isn't coming back to play in the 2018/2019 ACC. Everyone is trying to be the Warriors, nobody is going to have a 230-240 traditional PF that he is playing against. And if by chance there is one, that guy will undoubtedly think he is Kevin Love and spend most of the game jacking 3s.

Where are these 230-240 PFs? Charles Oakley isn't coming back to play in the 2018/2019 ACC. Everyone is trying to be the Warriors, nobody is going to have a 230-240 traditional PF that he is playing against. And if by chance there is one, that guy will undoubtedly think he is Kevin Love and spend most of the game jacking 3s.

John Collins

Here is one.

Dinos Mitoglou

Here is another.

They are not uncommon at all in the ACC. Also, with as much man to man as we play, you don't really want 1 low post switch leading to a SG/SF on a Kennedy Meeks/Plumlee sized center.

Last edited:
Back