• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I remember last year that Clawson said unprompted that Wake was his last job and he would stay as long as we would have him.

As someone who understands game theory and strategic actions, I need help in navigating the Ayo - Defoe situation in terms I can understand...

You have a shot at sleeping with a solid 8 but also are getting good vibes from a true 10 that is everything you could dream of... the alpha side of you makes you think you can sleep with them both. However, since they are roommates, Chaos theory tells you there is zero chance you will get them both.

The solid 8 lets you know she is yours for the taking. However, your big shot with the 10 is in the near future. Do you take the 8 and enjoy the benefits offered for years to come while you try to forget what could have been with the 10? Or do you try to hold the 8 at bay hoping the 10 comes through knowing you are risking losing them both?

What say you?

A bird in hand. If Devoe wants to commit, accept immediately. Same for Mucius and Laszewski. Then focus on Ayo.

I remember last year that Clawson said unprompted that Wake was his last job and he would stay as long as we would have him.

Was that before or after the Elrod scandal?

Manning is home. I believe it is his intention to create a legacy at Wake Forest on the same order as K at Duke, Boeheim at Syracuse or Thompson at Georgetown. I hope he succeeds.

That's good to hear. I think if he feels like he can win here, he'll stay here and get paid. I don't think Clawson will rest on his laurels like Grobe did. I remember what he said in his press conference. Something like "I don't golf. Any free time I have, I spend with my family."

Manning is home. I believe it is his intention to create a legacy at Wake Forest on the same order as K at Duke, Boeheim at Syracuse or Thompson at Georgetown. I hope he succeeds.

I hope he succeeds. Wake will give him a longer leash then he might get at another school. The recruiting is certainly looking like its headed in the right direction. The next few seasons with greater talent will be a better test of how good the in-game coaching chops are. The past few seasons have been about trying to do something with not too much.

Very interesting observations by all. I just pray that the day will come where the issue of coaches and everything else being one race or another is not ever mentioned or considered relevant.

Very interesting observations by all. I just pray that the day will come where the issue of coaches and everything else being one race or another is not ever mentioned or considered relevant.

Jones was hired in May and it wasn't mentioned until Wrangor's post.

Was that before or after the Elrod scandal?

After. It was talking about Elko leaving for ND. He said that he has gone as far as he could at Wake since this would be his last job....

After. It was talking about Elko leaving for ND. He said that he has gone as far as he could at Wake since this would be his last job....

OK. That's good context. That's how programs should work. Assistants leave. The head coach conducts a search and finds the best people for the job. Somehow our football and basketball programs seemed to forget that for a long time.

As someone who understands game theory and strategic actions, I need help in navigating the Ayo - Defoe situation in terms I can understand...

You have a shot at sleeping with a solid 8 but also are getting good vibes from a true 10 that is everything you could dream of... the alpha side of you makes you think you can sleep with them both. However, since they are roommates, Chaos theory tells you there is zero chance you will get them both.

The solid 8 lets you know she is yours for the taking. However, your big shot with the 10 is in the near future. Do you take the 8 and enjoy the benefits offered for years to come while you try to forget what could have been with the 10? Or do you try to hold the 8 at bay hoping the 10 comes through knowing you are risking losing them both?

What say you?

Ask the 10 and the 8 if they'd be up for a threesome.

Florida attended Devoe's open gym then did an in-home yesterday.

GT is doing an in-home with Devoe tonight.

AYO, the poster, will you change your screen name if we get AYO, the baller?

Back