• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Don't think I would hold out any hope for Lazewski and if we don't hear something on Devoe by Tuesday, that would be a HUGE signal on him as well. Mucius will make an announcement when he is ready, probably later sometime next week, but it is a done deal.
As in good or bad news that we don't hear anything from Devoe by Tuesday?

Devoe or his family may feel they "owe" FL a visit after the hurricane made them cancel. It's possibility.

From what I have read, I doubt Devoe or Lazewski make an announcement before completing their official visits. That is why I believe Ayo could commit prior to Devoe.

As to Devoe it would be bad if he delays after Tues IMO. From what I have heard, Blackjack could be correct That said my contact says for Ayo it is Wake or Ill and for Devoe GT and Wake. Surprised Fl. was not considered as a co favorite for Devoe

Last edited:
When are Devoe's other visits?

In all of the attention given the 2018 class to be and potential playing time, I am struggling to recall where Melo fits into the picture. I thought he was a well regarded recruit. He is listed on page 1 of this thread as a SF, which I guess is a 3 and not a 4. Anyway, are we to expect a contribution from him this year and/or next?

Edit... CharlotteDeac1 raised the issue about coaches being pleased but it kind of got lost in the geography discussion...

Last edited:
Melo is listed as a G/F which is interesting considered Chaundee is listed as a F.

Melo will come off the bench and play on the wing. He would complement any current and prospective wings nicely.

JuiceCrewAllStar said:
If Devoe waiting it out keeps him as a backup plan to Ayo longer then it could be a good situation.

I like DeVoe as a lead guard you can build your team around and certainly not a backup option for Wake.

Ending this class with Devoe and Mucius would be incredible. That's the kind of class that has length and athleticism and would certainly be an upgraded core to build around. I imagine that class would wind up top 20 in the nation.

There's no certainty that Ayo ends up being a better college player than Devoe, or vice versa for that matter.

Last edited:
JuiceCrewAllStar said:
You prefer Devoe to Ayo?

With the projected makeup of our team I think he's probably a better fit. As CD said, I like his shooting and vision to complement our athletic, slashing wings.

We will definitely need a pure shooter in the 2019 class unless Rich Wash develops or we get both Ayo and Devoe.

Back