• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Scout updated 2019 T100 today. Wendall Moore ranked 22nd overall. Perhaps relevant now PG Anthony Harris that Wake is supposedly is very good shape with is 64th.

I haven't heard anything regarding out chances with Wendall Moore. He looks like a blue blood bound bro. Anything to make us feel otherwise?

247 lists UNC as warmer and Maryland, Wake, and Duke as warm. Typically would seem like slim odds but I won't underestimate this staff.

247 lists UNC as warmer and Maryland, Wake, and Duke as warm. Typically would seem like slim odds but I won't underestimate this staff.

One of Rusty's kids made it into the Top 100 as well. Marcus Watson, a SF out of West Forsyth HS, is #78.

I haven't heard anything regarding out chances with Wendall Moore. He looks like a blue blood bound bro. Anything to make us feel otherwise?

I've not heard anything since May but at that time we were considered a coleader for him with UNC being the main competition. Of course that could have changed since then. Manning established a strong relationship with him and his family very early.

Scout updated 2019 T100 today. Wendall Moore ranked 22nd overall. Perhaps relevant now PG Anthony Harris that Wake is supposedly is very good shape with is 64th.

Nickleberry (#24) has been on campus a lot, as well. Lecque (#40), too, iirc.

Not Wake related, but LaMelo Ball dropped to #30.

One of Rusty's kids made it into the Top 100 as well. Marcus Watson, a SF out of West Forsyth HS, is #78.

Who is Rusty's kid?

So what is the deal with Riley's kids? Weren't they considered to be decent mid or low major hoops prospects?

We love scoops and balls when they're in our favor. They're fake news when they aren't.

This seems like a real news. I guess we will see, but Daniels is a pretty solid indicator imo.

I've not heard anything since May but at that time we were considered a coleader for him with UNC being the main competition. Of course that could have changed since then. Manning established a strong relationship with him and his family very early.

Sounds like ours to lose! :dancindeac::dancindeac:

So what is the deal with Riley's kids? Weren't they considered to be decent mid or low major hoops prospects?

Riley was Rusty's son that passed away. Was a student at Cape Fear CC after a decent HS basketball career.

Sorry. I meant Rusty obviously. I remember Riley passed, but he has two more sons that are in high school by now, right?

The kid may announce for GaTech, but it will be the strangest timing I have ever seen. You may competition is the middle of an official visit and you commit, effectively pulling the scholarship right out from under the kid. What a team player! Could not have waited until the kid got off campus?

What I can't understand is why he would commit to GT over Wake considering who we already have committed. If you have the choice of those two programs, and have the chance to play with Hoard and Mucius v. being the only good recruit at GT...What is going on!? I suppose Kansas had the same feeling when Brown committed to Wake, but he is a team changer himself, and I don't see that being the case with Devoe.

It isn't the crystal balls...It's the timing of the crystal balls that makes us think these analysts were tipped off that he's going to Tech.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the crystal balls for JC,Bryant, Doral, etc. that weren't in our favor were picked very early in the recruiting period, not a week before announcement. Typically when these guys all switch over their predictions a few days before announcement, it means there's substantial reason to believe the recruit is going to that school.

I'm certainly not going to argue that a late switch/grouping towards GT is a good sign or that it's meaningless, but I do think it's not as meaningful as some make it out to be. Crawford committed to us on 9/21/14. 6 experts changed their picks between 9/3 and 9/19, all 6 to Gonzaga. Brown committed 10/2/16. 6 experts changed their picks between 9/21 and 9/28, all 6 to Kansas.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about the predictions coalescing around GT - but I'm adopting a "expect the worst, hope for the best" mentality.

I'm certainly not going to argue that a late switch/grouping towards GT is a good sign or that it's meaningless, but I do think it's not as meaningful as some make it out to be. Crawford committed to us on 9/21/14. 6 experts changed their picks between 9/3 and 9/19, all 6 to Gonzaga. Brown committed 10/2/16. 6 experts changed their picks between 9/21 and 9/28, all 6 to Kansas.

I'm as disappointed as anyone about the predictions coalescing around GT - but I'm adopting a "expect the worst, hope for the best" mentality.

You mean you don't already have that as a Wake fan? Lucky.

Xavier Johnson isnt visiting Tech this weekend. There it is.

Back