• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

"A physical, high-scoring point guard with tremendous size, Dosunmu visited Wake a week ago and will see the home-state Illini this weekend. The expectation is that he will have a decision soon after.

Wake had been a sleeper in Dosunmu's recruitment but how Danny Manning has used Bryant Crawford and Wake's offense are appealing to Dosunmu. Going out of state for a five-star prospect would be a signature get for Wake."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-five-star-ayo-dosunmu-down-to-a-pair

Rhode Island signed two top 150 players. Nice work.

Rivals has Nolley as a 6-7 SF. Others gave him as a 6-4 SG/SF.

Excited about this guy. I'm sure he's ready to get this decision over with. Trying to show him love on twitter. Hope Danny and co. can land this kid. What a class.

Oh man, Kendall's been recruiting Ayo since he was six years old.

Looking forward to having a decision from Ayo so that we can move on to the 2017-18 season (less than a month away).

Not implying any lack of focus on the part of the staff or that the Ayo process has dragged on too long... Just excited for the season to start.

Writing Illini is pretty good blogger wordplay.

That piece is all hope and fan service. I get it though. They hired a new coach and are getting no recruiting bump. They're desperate. Ayo would be their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He'd be the icing on our dessert.

pretty poor article.

Now let’s go to location. Illinois would easily win out here because Champaign is less than three hours away from Chicago.

3 hours away from chicago is a selling point? how many kids hop in the car (though he might be able to afford one after choosing ill... until the fbi comes calling) and drive three hours to do something while in college? happens on occasion but its certainly not practical in season.

Writing Illini is pretty good blogger wordplay.

That piece is all hope and fan service. I get it though. They hired a new coach and are getting no recruiting bump. They're desperate. Ayo would be their breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He'd be the icing on our dessert.

is their honeymoon even worse than ours with [Redacted]? at least he kept the sensational 7...

pretty poor article.

3 hours away from chicago is a selling point? how many kids hop in the car (though he might be able to afford one after choosing ill... until the fbi comes calling) and drive three hours to do something while in college? happens on occasion but its certainly not practical in season.

well at Wake you hop in the car and within less than 3 hours you can be at the mountains and close to the beach

The state’s top 2018 prospect Morgan Park point guard Ayo Dosunmu has narrowed his list of suitors to the final two he tells PrepHoopsIllinois. Dosunmu will choose between Illinois and Wake Forest.

He has already taken a visit to see Wake Forest. What were his impressions of the ACC program?

The visit was great! 10/10. They showed great hospitality and the players there are great!”

What was Wake Forest’s pitch to him while on the visit?

“The NBA players they produced and how it’s close to home and I could play right away.”

https://www.prephoops.com/2017/10/ayo-dosunmu-2/

10/10 is much better than 4 out of 10.

pretty poor article.

I think they are talking about how easy it would be for family to come see him play.

well at Wake you hop in the car and within less than 3 hours you can be at the mountains and close to the beach

just saying, in season, you don't have 6 hours of free time to use traveling to do something.

I think they are talking about how easy it would be for family to come see him play.

good point. did not think about family coming for games. tough for weekday games but doable on a weekend.

players go away for college all the time, this isn't some unique situation. if having family at every game was key he'd go to UIC or DePaul or Northwestern

It's within three hours of Chicago. That's what we're talking about.

I'm not sure Ayo would have considered USC and Wake at all if distance was truly a factor. He could have considered Northwestern, Purdue, Notre Dame, or obviously Depaul if he truly wanted to stay close to home.

Good thing our head coach can speak to the value of going away from home for college to pursue your NCAA and professional dreams

10/10 is much better than 4 out of 10.

Yeah, but Wake is probably 4 hours from Chicago via Midway and GSO +/- 10 minutes. It’s more expensive but time is hardly a constraint.

Which Chicago area legends went to Illinois? Ayo can just go where he wants and hope the Bulls draft him like Rose. Or have a sweet career like D-Wade and sign with the Bulls when he gets old.

Back