• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Underwood must have posted on the Employment thread and gotten good advice.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...spects-hit-the-road-for-some-important-visits

DMBjTA-VoAI9eKA.jpg:large

Ayo retweeted that quote from the Rivals piece.

He also retweeted this call from an Illini fan for people to change their phone home screens to a picture of Ayo.

Dude needs to check his email.

It's creepy as shit that a grown man has his phone background set as a teenage boy that isn't his own. This same guy is probably 40 and still wears jerseys to games.

With which part do you disagree? I'm guessing the jersey joke. If you want to wear jerseys, you do you. This has been a debated topic at some point years back on the boards and I'm on team no jersey after you turn 18.

And I don't wear jerseys, I'm 30-plus
Give me a crisp pair of jeans, *****, button-ups
S. Dots on my feet make my cipher complete
What more can I say? Guru, play the beat.

What's the point of putting that on a phone background anyway. You can't even see it behind the apps.

Holy bonkers. The Finnish guy that was just on an official visit to Illinois last weekend just committed to Arizona State.

I think Ayo ultimately chooses Illinois and I think he’s known that for some time, but he amount of recruits they’ve lost lately is fucking awesome

Holy bonkers. The Finnish guy that was just on an official visit to Illinois last weekend just committed to Arizona State.

Ayo: "Coach, who else is in our recruiting class?"

Underwood: "Uh, you got any friends who want to come?"

Ayo: "Coach, who else is in our recruiting class?"

Underwood: "Uh, you got any friends who want to come?"

Some poster is over there now claiming that Nolley really wants to play with Ayo and that's why he decommitted from UGA right when Ayo released his final 2 of WF and ILL. Keep in mind, there was another poster who was just claiming that the Finn was definitely in the bag and would commit by October 17.

They were convinced he was going to them.

Haven’t they been convinced a lot of guys were going there? Wonder if the news breaking while Ayo is on his visit will make for awkward conversation.
Underwood “we’re in really good shape with a Finnish kid that would compliment your skill set”
Ayo: *takes out phone* “aside from your creepy ass fans putting me as their phone background, that kid went somewhere else”
Underwood: *sweats profusely* “I may not go to prison, that’s something!”
Ayo: “YO DANNY!”

Haven’t they been convinced a lot of guys were going there? Wonder if the news breaking while Ayo is on his visit will make for awkward conversation.
Underwood “we’re in really good shape with a Finnish kid that would compliment your skill set”
Ayo: *takes out phone* “aside from your creepy ass fans putting me as their phone background, that kid went somewhere else”
Underwood: *sweats profusely* “I may not go to prison, that’s something!”
Ayo: “YO DANNY!”

Yeah, I mean this has been a pretty awful two weeks of recruiting for them (ever since I started keeping tabs on their message board, I will take the credit for that). I think the fans and the staff both thought they would have a lot of momentum going into the Ayo visit. Not so much.

We're pretty damn good at a lot of sports

We could win championships in every non-revenue sport every year and it wouldn't make up for destroying the better of the only two programs that matter for no good fucking reason. I will begrudgingly forgive Wellman once Manning takes us to the final four but not a moment before then.

Some poster is over there now claiming that Nolley really wants to play with Ayo and that's why he decommitted from UGA right when Ayo released his final 2 of WF and ILL. Keep in mind, there was another poster who was just claiming that the Finn was definitely in the bag and would commit by October 17.

That’s some good logic, considering everyone has known Illinois was in the top 2 (if not, front runner) the entire time. I’m sure Nolley knew that if they were BFFs

That’s some good logic, considering everyone has known Illinois was in the top 2 (if not, front runner) the entire time. I’m sure Nolley knew that if they were BFFs

I'm not going to dismiss it. Nolley made a hasty decision biased by his most recent visits. Maybe he stepped back and thought about playing with Ayo at Illinois and decided to wait to see what Ayo does.

This article says Nolley's coach wanted him to wait until closer to the signing period in Nov.

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketball/landers-nolley-changed-mind-quickly-after-uga-commitment

So they're just as clueless as ogboards poster, huh?

Back