• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Jesus dude

That's only marginally better than he did last year. And we have a lot to make up for in lost scoring. If none of the bigs end up scoring, I wouldn't be shocked to see Bryant average 20 ppg.

My bad, I thought you understood the game a little.

That's only marginally better than he did last year. And we have a lot to make up for in lost scoring. If none of the bigs end up scoring, I wouldn't be shocked to see Bryant average 20 ppg.

My bad, I thought you understood the game a little.

Nobody has put up those numbers in over 25 years.

The last time somebody put up 19 and 7 in the ACC was Kenny Anderson in 1989-90.

To be elite, that 18-19 roster needs either Ayo or Crawford IMO. If one of them are on it, it will be the most hyped team since 09 after the Clemson win.

This is my concern as well. I would hate for us to be one player away in 18-19

Wake does not need Ayo. Ayo would benefit more from Wake than Wake from Ayo. I think we may be underestimating how good a junior Childress might be. I would be surprised if a freshman Ayo would be better than a junior Childress. Wake may also have a senior Crawford.

Ayo would be nice and Wake would be a great place for him to showcase his game but odds are Wake will not skip a beat without him.

Illinois getting waxed by Rutgers at home today in football lol

Wake does not need Ayo. Ayo would benefit more from Wake than Wake from Ayo. I think we may be underestimating how good a junior Childress might be. I would be surprised if a freshman Ayo would be better than a junior Childress. Wake may also have a senior Crawford.

Ayo would be nice and Wake would be a great place for him to showcase his game but odds are Wake will not skip a beat without him.

I love Chill & he would be a great backup PG on an elite team. I do assume a frosh Ayo will be a better player than JR Chill. The ability to have a 3 guard lineup of Ayo, Crawf & Brown would rival any lineupnin the country & that is not even factoring in Hoard as a 4th elite starter. Not sure how you pass that opportunity to play for a new coach at a struggling B1G team.

Because they haven't gotten anyone anywhere near as good as Ayo in a long time. And they have a new coach.

Which makes have no honeymoon period especially sad. Get Ayo to buy in and maybe that changes. I would hope so for the kid. It really suck to get nobodies or even be the only guy in your class. Makes for a long year... and if you don't make it as a one and done? Ouch.

Yeah. That's the crazy thing. Without him, we are looking at a guard rotation of Crawford, Childress, Woods, and Brown if everybody stays.

The last time somebody put up 19 and 7 in the ACC was Kenny Anderson in 1989-90.

That's totally irrelevant. Numbers without context are meaningless. Few star players have stayed long enough and had the right team mix.

He averaged 16.2/5.5/1.5 last year. The points and steals should be no problem. We will definitely need him to score more. The assists will be up to our guys hitting 1.5 more shots/game off his passes. He won't have as many passes to JC , but there will more scoring on the wings. If Doral comes along, Bryant should be able to get some lobs.

Just wanted to offer a few thoughts on the basketball practice fans were allowed to watch the last 30 minutes today. Here are a few superlatives....Bryant Crawford best player, Keyshawn Woods best range, Brandon complete player, Wilbekin most improved, Olivier Sarr viva la france! Doral should be a force around the basket and Mitchell might actually help some. Everyone else was pretty much as expected.

with a decent coach, Devin Thomas is a star in the ACC or any other college conference. He has legit size and strength for a PF. He has the best motor of any big in the ACC right now. He's got very, very good hands. As a frosh, he was close to or already the best passing big man in the ACC.

Running PnR with Devin and Codi would be devastating. If Coron is really a knockdown shooter, Devin could get 3-6 APG of this play alone.

Devin does need work on his 12-17' J. He'll work hard to do that like he worked on his FT shooting. Over his last eight games, Devin shot 75% from the line.

Just for reference, this was RJ a few years ago. If Devin was getting 6 assists off one play alone, 7 per game should be no problem for Crawford

Just wanted to offer a few thoughts on the basketball practice fans were allowed to watch the last 30 minutes today. Here are a few superlatives....Bryant Crawford best player, Keyshawn Woods best range, Brandon complete player, Wilbekin most improved, Olivier Sarr viva la france! Doral should be a force around the basket and Mitchell might actually help some. Everyone else was pretty much as expected.

What can you tell us about the freshmen?

Pretty positive report.
I'm pumped.

Since you asked, Olivier Sarr is very impressive. He has a nice form on his jump shot and a nice touch around the basket....very bouncy. Should be an impact player with additional strength. Chaundee looks like a mini LeBron...good all around player, not sure if is a great shooter or not. Melo is very slender, so not suited for the 4 as I hoped. His shooting was a little inconsistent. Sunday has a nice build but is a little slow and mechanical. Also, I will include Terrence ...nice looking athlete with mature demeanor but not a great shooter. Loved Sarr!

Back