• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

I mean, making up that kind of nonsense got me to listen to a random illinois radio station for twenty minutes. Sensational stuff sells.

So, yeah the Cubs game tomorrow starts at 7 CST as well. Odd timing for a big announcement in Chicago... Makes you wonder...

Also, I now know his name is pronounced eye-o and not A-o. Interesting.

So, yeah the Cubs game tomorrow starts at 7 CST as well. Odd timing for a big announcement in Chicago... Makes you wonder...

Welcome to like 80 pages ago !

Yeah, O'Brien also said, "in two months Underwood could legitimately be gone." No one on the ILL board is talking up that fact.

That interview was a pretty mixed bag overall. I know the ILL fans are hanging on the "I pretty much know for a fact" thing, but O'Brien also said Ayo doesn't care who he plays with (in reference to a question about whether Wake's good recruiting class would sway him). First, Ayo just recently said he DOES care who he plays with. Secondly, O'Brien's evidence for this was that Ayo went to an academic oriented school in middle school BEFORE he switched to basketball powerhouse Morgan Park for high school. So clearly he does care about who he plays with.

I think this thing is being played really close to the vest.

Annual salary of Illinois Players in the NBA (2017-2018 season) - $10 million
Annual salary of Wake Forest Players in the NBA (2017-2018 season) - $67 million

This has been mentioned before. It is interesting that they talk for 13 minutes in the hour about Ayo during a Cubs NLCS.

Interesting that he says the Irvins aren't that involved in Ayo's recruitment, which may look better for us.

Have y'all been watching the NLCS? Ayo's decision is a lot more interesting than that dumpster fire.

This was one of the two keys points for me. The other was that Ayo is apparently personally texting Illinois journalists about his signing party. Not sure how affiliated they are with the school or if they're like Dan Collinsy beat writers or what, but struck me as kind of funny.

They also said that his AAU coach is a huge Cubs fan who thought the timing is weird.

They also said that his AAU coach is a huge Cubs fan who thought the timing is weird.

So weird. So he knowingly (or perhaps accidentally) schedules his signing during the Cubs game when most Illinois sports media will be looking elsewhere. He also initially makes it a small, invite-only private event for some local media then changes his mind and invites everyone. If I wasn't feeling low on vibes, I'd say these were positive signs.

That's just what the recruiting analyst (or whatever his title may be) said on the podcast. Something like "I pretty much know for a fact that ILL coaches were involved in setting up the announcement." Would be a strange thing to make up but who knows.

Pretty sure he is a beat writer for the Chicago Sun Whatevers... pretty far away from a receipting analyst.

This has been mentioned before. It is interesting that they talk for 13 minutes in the hour about Ayo during a Cubs NLCS.

Interesting that he says the Irvins aren't that involved in Ayo's recruitment, which may look better for us.

Ayo's mom did put on twitter once that, concerning her son's recruitment, "if you haven't heard it from us, then it's probably BS." Paraphrasing. So perhaps they have been keen to tune out Mac Irvin and really insulate their son so he can make the decision that he feels is best without Irvin chattering in his ear.

This was one of the two keys points for me. The other was that Ayo is apparently personally texting Illinois journalists about his signing party. Not sure how affiliated they are with the school or if they're like Dan Collinsy beat writers or what, but struck me as kind of funny.

Why would there be Illinois beat writers all the way in Chicago? Long commute to every day to be a beat writer.

Speaking of the Cubs, did you guys know that Mark Smith was a baseball player before he injured his arm? True story.

We don't. On the podcast the guy doesn't cite anyone or any source with that statement. He just said "I feel pretty confident that the ILL staff helped set it up".

Only that isn't what he said. He said "I pretty much know for a fact" the IL staff helped set up the announcement. What we don't know is the basis for his statement.

Speaking of the Cubs, did you guys know that Mark Smith was a baseball player before he injured his arm? True story.

No way...This makes me think if he teamed up with Ayo they'd be the best backcourt in the history of backcourts.

Back