• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

"Look recruit name, John Collins came to Wake and look at him soar. HG went to Duke, well,....."

This is actually playing out perfectly for Wake Forest. We have always been one player away from being REALLY good. We never had a great enough supporting cast for Duncan or Rodney or Josh Howard, why would it be any different now? This year we are an athletic 6'5"+ wing away from taking a giant step forward. Next year we get exactly that player so Collins has to leave so we then will lose the interior lynchpin we have now.... And again be a good team that is just missing that one more piece to get over the hump...

This is actually playing out perfectly for Wake Forest. We have always been one player away from being REALLY good. We never had a great enough supporting cast for Duncan or Rodney or Josh Howard, why would it be any different now? This year we are an athletic 6'5"+ wing away from taking a giant step forward. Next year we get exactly that player so Collins has to leave so we then will lose the interior lynchpin we have now.... And again be a good team that is just missing that one more piece to get over the hump...

haha. I've been thinking the same thing. I am old enough I remember thinking this when Rodney left, I think, the year before Chill showed up.

Last edited:
haha. I've been thinking the same thing. I am old enough I remember thinking this when Rodney left, I think, the year before Chill showed up.

RoRo and Chill both arrived at Wake together in the fall of 1990. RoRo left after three years, in the spring of 1993. That freed up a third scholarship for the recruitment of an unknown player from the Virgin Islands. Randolph was at Wake through the spring of 1995 because of his knee injury that cost him a season.

RoRo and Chill both arrived at Wake together in the fall of 1990. RoRo left after three years, in the spring of 1993. That freed up a third scholarship for the recruitment of an unknown player from the Virgin Islands. Randolph was at Wake through the spring of 1995 because of his knee injury that cost him a season.

I went to exactly one Dave Odom basketball camp as a kid and it was the one where Randolph Childress tore his knee up playing in a pickup game in front of me and the other campers. Reynolds Gym goes silent, he gets taken off, play resumes. Couple trips down the court later, Rogers slips on a wet spot and goes down hard but is ok. Odom, or whoever, calls the game, dunk contest ensues. Later got Rodney Rogers to sign my Mars Blackmon t-shirt! Relevant to the thread, I know.

Wake is showing interest in Jalen Cone. He is a freshman point guard that plays at Walkertown High School near Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Ranked in the top 50 of Future150's 2020 National Rankings, It could be argued that he's one of the best PG's in the state right now even though he just finished up middle school less than a year ago.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/acc-schools-tracking-jalen-cone

Wake is showing interest in Jalen Cone. He is a freshman point guard that plays at Walkertown High School near Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Ranked in the top 50 of Future150's 2020 National Rankings, It could be argued that he's one of the best PG's in the state right now even though he just finished up middle school less than a year ago.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/acc-schools-tracking-jalen-cone

The timing could be right on him at Wake. BChill should graduate in spring 2020 and Wake will be needing a PG in the fall of 2020.

But wow, isn't it really early to plan on replacements for guys who have only had a bit more than a semester at Wake.

The timing could be right on him at Wake. BChill should graduate in spring 2020 and Wake will be needing a PG in the fall of 2020.

But wow, isn't it really early to plan on replacements for guys who have only had a bit more than a semester at Wake.

Pretty sure Cone's older brother was a high school teammate of Brandon's at East.

Rodney's senior year would have been Duncan's freshman.

Which I see you mentioned here.

89AS9.jpg

I went to high school with David Cone in Kansas City. He once beat me up with a pillow case filled with oranges. I was a high school frosh, he was a junior or senior, cannot exactly remember. I went to the lunch room before school started to meet someone and didn't know it was "off limits" except to dudes wearing letters - on varsity teams. All boys school. He was cool to me after as I apparently take a beating well.

I went to high school with David Cone in Kansas City. He once beat me up with a pillow case filled with oranges. I was a high school frosh, he was a junior or senior, cannot exactly remember. I went to the lunch room before school started to meet someone and didn't know it was "off limits" except to dudes wearing letters - on varsity teams. All boys school. He was cool to me after as I apparently take a beating well.

A lot makes sense now.

He just had a pillow case full of oranges with him?

Back