• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Hoard is so very nice. I like Sarr and think he has a much higher ceiling than either of our current two centers mainly because of his feet. He is very light footed. He runs like a guard. I ththink in eventually sarr will be able to guard both post positions which will be nice. Have no idea about his shot because I didn't see anything outside of 2 feet s I am guessing it isn't very consistent but I just liked how lightly he ran. I really hope we land him.

Olivier Sarr--Team
Paris, FR (INSEP Paris)
Center (BK)
Ht 6-11
Wt 225
CLASS OF 17
247Sports Composite
0.9000 ?
Interest
Offer
Recruited By
Roster Outlook
Visit
Wake Forest Favorite
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
California Cool
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
UCF Cool
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
Vanderbilt Cool
3 On Roster, 1 Commit
Arizona State Cool
0 On Roster, 0 Commits

Olivier Sarr--Team
Paris, FR (INSEP Paris)
Center (BK)
Ht 6-11
Wt 225
CLASS OF 17
247Sports Composite
0.9000 ?
Interest
Offer
Recruited By
Roster Outlook
Visit
Wake Forest Favorite
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
California Cool
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
UCF Cool
2 On Roster, 0 Commits
Vanderbilt Cool
3 On Roster, 1 Commit
Arizona State Cool
0 On Roster, 0 Commits

You're always the hot favorite right up until the point when you're not anymore. These sites just chase information we already know. No one is talking to Sarr

Sorry, but the East Bay isn't nearly as nice as the San Fran side.

Mostly agree but I must admit that Berkeley is beautiful....Shocky sounds like your stereotypical Californian who has never left the state but knows with 100% certainty that anything from California is better than anything from your shit filled pasture....Strip down the nonsense and it's an easy comparison. Wake bball culture and facilities > Cal bball culture and facilities. Case closed.

Football is a different story. Cal should consistently be a recruiting monster. Memorial Stadium post renovations is amazing:
9587011492_93cb940a4b_b.jpg

Basically any site editor can edit player profiles on 247. Likely was Deman so read into that whatever you want since I know he's a polarizing figure.

It it does basically seem to follow what rumors have floated around so it's not too surprising.

Last edited:
Al Freeman is graduating from Baylor and transferring for a post grad. He's a 6'3/200 guard who averaged 9.4 ppg and shot 38% from three in each of the last two seasons. He's from Charlotte.

Do we have interest? A slot?

Last edited:
Al Freeman is graduating from Baylor and transferring for a post grad. He's a 6'3/200 guard who averaged 94 ppg and shot 38% from three in each of the last two seasons. He's from Charlotte.

Do we have interest? A lot?
damn, sign this dude up

Kid looks like what Manning has said we are lacking-- I long tall wide wing span forward. Would certainly be happy to see him a Deac

McDonald's All American Game on ESPN. Chaundee should be in this game.

Mo Bamba is a freak.

Yeah that video is a 2016 Diarra, 2017 Diarra is a 6-9, 205lb combo 3-4 forward.

ESPN

Strengths:
Diarra is a very long and athletic forward that has a great motor and excellent versatility. He plays with great passion and intensity as well. He runs the floor extremely well and excels in transition. In the halfcourt set he can create match up problems inside the arc. He is a quick rebounder and has the lateral foot speed to defend in space.
Weaknesses:
Diarra will need to not only add strength but continue to improve his basketball IQ and feel for the game which shoot come along nicely with more valuable playing experience. He will also need to continue to hone his shooting and overall ball skills.
Bottom Line:
Diarra, who is a native of Mali, is a future combination forward that will create offensive mismatches and be capable of defending both forward positions. His game is still raw but he has excellent upside.

Pretty sure that video is of Mamadou Diarra, a Freshman at UCONN this past season. We're recruiting Mamoudou Diarra from South Carolina.

You're right.

There isn't much out there and I'm not willing to sift through unedited game tape that exists, but here are some clips that I found:

Back