• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Seems Michael Devoe should be on the list of possibilities since we need a true PG and he has an offer and is very good friends with Chaundee. So how about a class of Devoe, Hoard, Mucius and Wright?

Newman has offers from BC/Clemson/GT/Providence/UVA. Ranked as a 3 star or UR by everyone but ESPN. In NC, but no offer from State/UNC/Dook. And he plays at a highly visible program, which means its not like he has been overlooked.

The guy may be fantastic. But he doesn't have the profile of a guy you take in the spring when you are chasing more highly regarded players. He projects as someone ranked between 125-150 in the national rankings come fall. Which means you take him when we took Mitchell (i.e. when other players we wanted more went somewhere else).

If he wants to commit to Clemson now, you basically wish him good luck. If he waits until the fall and we have missed on Hoard/Mucius/whomever else, then he may be a solid get.

Last edited:
A lot of good stuff on Wiggins, Hoard, Newman, etc. from the Josh Level Classic.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/news_article/show/795575?referrer_id=1582667

Newman had an impressive all-around game, doing a lot of things well on the court and he’s a gifted scorer at all three levels, a strong rebounder, and sees the floor well when making passes to set up teammates. For four quarters, he was one of the best players on the floor and no one could stay in front of him. Newman also came up with a few steals a true Dog on defense.

Yeah so...this looks like what we need.

I thought the description of Wiggins recruitment was very interesting.

Hoard's gamewinning dunk vs. Newman's team. Notice the quick TO by Newman.

Full Hoard highlights. Hoard has a very high ceiling.

Last edited:
If UNC offers Hoard its a wrap, Wiggins is a Maryland lean, Xavier scares me with Mucius. None of those guys are nowhere near guaranteed. If a guy like Newman wants to come to Wake you take him.

Last interview I heard with Mucius he talked Oregon,Wake,X and UConn.

If UNC offers Hoard its a wrap, Wiggins is a Maryland lean, Xavier scares me with Mucius. None of those guys are nowhere near guaranteed. If a guy like Newman wants to come to Wake you take him.

I doubt this very seriously. The schools you have to watch out for with Hoard are Arizona and Maryland (but ONLY if they get Wiggins)

Mike DeVoe. Keep an eye on him. 18 CG from Florida, 4star on 247, apparently hes good friends with Chaundee and Danny Manning loves him.

Haha. Now we know.

DeVoe has some excellent offers but seems to lack size and athleticism. Can't get a good read on his shooting but took no shot outside 6 feet in clips I saw which isn't encouraging.

DeVoe has some excellent offers but seems to lack size and athleticism. Can't get a good read on his shooting but took no shot outside 6 feet in clips I saw which isn't encouraging.

Devoe is 6'3-4 165-190 depending on who you believe and is averaging 15.1ppg, 4.4rpg and 4.3 apg (to 2.4 turnoverpg) so far in the EYBL. He is shooting 80% on FT's and 38% on 3's (16-42 on 4 attempts per game). His HS totals his soph year (2015-16) were 18.9ppg, 6.8apg, 3.1rpg 82%ft's and 52% from 3. Couldn't find his junior stats for 2016-17.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like he's a very efficient shooter. Obviously, I wasn't very impressed with the 247 video I saw but sounds like many analysts and coaches who have seen him play live have been. He's a lefty so will have the prerequisite crafty moves.

Mark Alstork to Illinois btw.

Somewhat disappointing news. Was hoping Manning would pick up a grad student who could play the post or low block 4. That way Sarr, Sam and Doral wouldn't have to play major post minutes if they weren't ready.

Somewhat disappointing news. Was hoping Manning would pick up a grad student who could play the post or low block 4. That way Sarr, Sam and Doral wouldn't have to play major post minutes if they weren't ready.

So what does this post have to do with a 6'5" guy committing to Illinois?

Back