• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Who has space at this point? Plenty of grad transfers have already landed somewhere.

good point, but digging deeper it looks like wisconsin is pegged the favorite (i think because they hired an illinois st. assistant to their staff this offseason) and still have an open scholly. tough to know whats going on though, nothing has come out on him since april.

I couldn't even find a good NBA scouting report. Thanks for the Wisconsin info. Looks like it would be tough to beat them.

I am pretty hopeful for Sarr. Skill-wise, he's most likely the best of the 3.

I think Moore is always going to be a guy who, at best, you sub in for a 3-5 minute stretch with an equal period of rest. That could mean up to 25-28 minutes a game with TV timeouts. The first 7 games will show me. Those are his minutes to lose. He has yet to go up straight on D. He comes over with his arms. Some of that is due to stamina - it takes physical and mental discipline and stamina to consistently go up arms straight. I'd like to see him do it on 3 straight possessions at some point in those first 5 games. So far, after two years, I've seen him go up straight once or twice. He's great on help D around the rim. It's the man-to-man post players he fouls pretty much every time. Can't do that to keep/earn minutes.

Sam is almost the opposite of Moore defensively - lacks ups, but positions himself well. I think, if he can continue to move his feet, he'll be an ideal defender against shorter post players. It limited minutes, he seems like a good rebounder on the defensive end. His hands seems okay to good. I'd like to see him learn footwork post moves that leave him bunnies or being fouled. Not sure about his passing out of the post.

Aaron Wiggins

Wake Forest: "They're a great school and they're just telling me that they need a wing who can come off screens and look to attack and shoot the ball as well. This past season they didn't have that tall long wing and the other guards had to try to create their own outside shot so I could come in and be that guy. They've been recruiting me for awhile and it's only 25 minutes away from my house so I've been down to see them play a few times."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ing-aaron-wiggins-on-the-rise-sorting-options

That article looks real promising until it mentions Florida and Kansas.

Danny has already shown he can recruit with them.

Just saying the quote about us was better than the quotes about UVa, VT, and Alaska then it was like "Here Comes A New Challenger!"

Jaylen Hoard is continuing his great spring with his strong play this weekend. Every weekend is further proof that he'll get consensus 5* status soon.

Jaylen Hoard is continuing his great spring with his strong play this weekend. Every weekend is further proof that he'll get consensus 5* status soon.

Danny really needs to get a commitment from Hoard.

Crap

My mixtape spidey sense was right again on Hoard!

Along with the Wiggins article, there was one on David McCormack, who was mentioned as having a Wake offer on Page 1 of this thread. He mentioned a lot of schools recruiting him, but not Wake.

Yeah we haven't been in the running for McCormack in months. His picture from his unofficial visit back in September said it all

Yeah we haven't been in the running for McCormack in months. His picture from his unofficial visit back in September said it all

I see. He is the only 2018 C listed as having a Wake offer. Danny needs to be serious about a C in the fall 2019 entering class. Doral will have graduated, Sam may or may not learn how to really play basketball and Sarr is unknown, but could be on the Collins program and leaving for the NBA or overseas, if he is as good as appears from the limited info available.

Back