• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

Jamie Lewis, who visited Wake yesterday and State today, is committing tomorrow. Final 4 are Wake, State, GT, Baylor.

Seems like GT or Baylor to me and Wake and State were just last minute visits to make sure he was making right decision, but who knows. Would be a great get for us if he picks us.

Jamie Lewis, who visited Wake yesterday and State today, is committing tomorrow. Final 4 are Wake, State, GT, Baylor.

Seems like GT or Baylor to me and Wake and State were just last minute visits to make sure he was making right decision, but who knows. Would be a great get for us if he picks us.

4 star PG Jamie Lewis, fresh off a visit to Wake, is making his college decision tomorrow.

It doesn't sound like he has an offer. Huh. Does anybody know?

Jamie Lewis,
6'2-6'3, 170-190, PG
Class of 2018

Rivals: 4-star, #68 overall
Scout: 3-star, NR
ESPN: 4-star, #45 overall
247: 4-star, #83 overall [Composite: 4-star, #60 overall]

Though he's choosing between Wake, GT, NCSU, and Baylor, Lewis also had offers from Kansas, Florida, Mizzou, Cal, UConn and Iowa State.

This is an interesting development.

Last edited:
BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18- Wright commits to Wake! '18 PG Jamie Lewis decides 6/8

It doesn't sound like he has an offer. Huh. Does anybody know?

Jamie Lewis,
6'2-6'3, 170-190, PG
Class of 2018

Rivals: 4-star, #68 overall
Scout: 3-star, NR
ESPN: 4-star, #45 overall
247: 4-star, #83 overall [Composite: 4-star, #60 overall]

Though he's choosing between Wake, GT, NCSU, and Baylor, Lewis also had offers from Kansas, Florida, Mizzou, Cal, UConn and Iowa State.

This is an interesting development.

That is interesting - I assumed because of his ranking, the recent visit, and commitment the week following that he has an offer. I don't see on any website that he does however. I checked rivals, 247, scout, espn, and verbal commits and don't see any solid proof that he has an offer. If he doesn't, he should.

The tweet announcing that he will make a decision tomorrow did say that he is choosing between Baylor, GT, WF, and NCSU.

And a crystall ball for Jamie Lewis to State, this one by Andrew Slater.

If he's making a decision this quickly after unofficial, it means the other way around usually. This is so off the radar. We must've gotten a really late start, but so did State with Keatts just coming in. CB to State is fairly indicative

I expect a Richard Washington-like contribution from Melo next year

And a crystall ball for Jamie Lewis to State, this one by Andrew Slater.

If he's making a decision this quickly after unofficial, it means the other way around usually. This is so off the radar. We must've gotten a really late start, but so did State with Keatts just coming in. CB to State is fairly indicative

From yesterday:

Seems like the new assistant coach is getting us in with some new names. 247 has him as a KU lean.

we'll see what happens, but 247 gonna 247

and indicative of what DeacFan03? I'm just wondering.

ETA: Thanks for clarifying, DeacFan03

Last edited:
I just think Crystal Balls like this right after an unofficial visit and a kid says he's going to announce usually bode well for the team receiving them. The pick was also made BEFORE it was announced on Twitter that he would be making a decision, so it wasn't just a guy reacting to the news and taking a 50-50 guess. Slater is also 11/11 on the year with almost all his picks happening either days or hours before the commitment. He's probably headed to State

Side Note: He picked Sharone to Wake just hours before the commitment was announced

It seems out top targets at PG are Llewellyn and Devoe, don't know where Lewis fit in or whether he actually was offered? Seems like a good player though

Lewis recruitment is weird. NCSU has heard nothing really about this kid until today. NCSU insider guessed Wake. No clue what will happen here.

Bandwagon Jerry Meyer just followed Slater's Crystal Ball, which means nothing to me. I trust Meyer's predictions as much as I trusted Captain Bz to lead WF Basketball.

This post was more about trashing Meyer than adding anything substantive to the Lewis discussion.

Bandwagon Jerry Meyer just followed Slater's Crystal Ball, which means nothing to me. I trust Meyer's predictions as much as I trusted Captain Bz to lead WF Basketball.

This post was more about trashing Meyer than adding anything substantive to the Lewis discussion.

And posts like that don't come often enough. Giving a pos just for that

Lewis recruitment is weird. NCSU has heard nothing really about this kid until today. NCSU insider guessed Wake. No clue what will happen here.

Where do you see the NC Insider picking Wake?

Harrison transferred to WF from G'town. Harrison played HS hoop with Randolph.

Harrison's transfer sit out year and Childress injury rehab year were the same year. Supposedly they gave Wake's starting guards that year fits in practice, especially late inthe season. Chill/Harrison vs Braswell/Rutland. Games were probably easier than practices for Braswell and Rutland.

Back