• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k18 - Hoard, Mucius, Lewis, and Wright sign NLIs!

What if devoe's phone is not working when manning calls? Will it go click every time?

From an ESPN article on top U18 prospects (Sarr is #1):

1. Olivier Sarr | C | France/Wake Forest

Playing his first games in nearly a year after sitting out the season due to lingering knee issues caused by a severely late growth spurt, Sarr didn't have a dominant showing. But he displayed why he's easy to pencil into a future NBA rotation with his excellent physical tools and coveted skill set.

Now standing around 7 feet tall with a lanky frame that should fill out nicely over time, Sarr is an extremely long and mobile athlete who covers ground exceptionally and plays with impressive energy. He grew up as a guard but sprouted up in the past two years. Sarr retains some of the skills he possessed as a perimeter player, flashing passing ability and a nice-looking shooting stroke -- even from beyond the 3-point line -- that can likely be harnessed into a weapon in time.

Sarr's combination of soft hands, athleticism, length and improved motor are requisite skills from new-age big men in the NBA, even if his underdeveloped frame suggests it will take at least a few years before he'll be able to put that to use at the professional level. He impressed running rim to rim intensely while garnering 2.6 blocks, 1.8 steals and 12 rebounds per 40,

Sarr will get to work with one of the top big-man coaches in all of college basketball in Danny Manning, playing in a Wake Forest rotation that lost both incumbent starters in John Collins and Dinos Mitoglou to the professional ranks. He'll be tested early in the ultra-competitive ACC, but has the talent to emerge as an intriguing NBA prospect down the road.

"He grew up as a guard but sprouted up in the past two years. Sarr retains some of the skills he possessed as a perimeter player, flashing passing ability and a nice-looking shooting stroke -- even from beyond the 3-point line -- that can likely be harnessed into a weapon in time."

I'm loving this Devoe clip linked from the latest BSD recruiting write-up. Steady. Nice size. Plays big. Very composed.
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/820811?referrer_id=

Last edited:
After his summer spent coaching with Calipari in the U19 games, I wonder if Cal's emphasis on playing positionless basketball will rub off on DM and he not be so inflexible as to playing certain guys together on the court and just put his best players out there and figuring it out.

After his summer spent coaching with Calipari in the U19 games, I wonder if Cal's emphasis on playing positionless basketball will rub off on DM and he not be so inflexible as to playing certain guys together on the court and just put his best players out there and figuring it out.

That's all well and good when your best players are Cal's best players. It falls apart when you're talking about a Childress/Wilbekin/Crawford/Woods/Chaundee lineup.

That's all well and good when your best players are Cal's best players. It falls apart when you're talking about a Childress/Wilbekin/Crawford/Woods/Chaundee lineup.

A Childress/Crawford/Woods/Chaundee/Big lineup will close out a lot of games.

Florida will be tough to beat for Devoe.

What impact could other guards committing to Florida have on Devoe, specifically Elijah Weaver?

Seems like that commitment, or a Dotson commitment could really benefit Wake.

Maybe as our talent level increases...

A Childress/Crawford/Woods/Chaundee/Big lineup will close out a lot of games.

I think that lineup will start. Either Childress or Wilbekin.

Screw it. I'm going to go for it.

Starters listed first:
G: Crawford (30), Childress (25), Wilbekin (25)
F: Woods (30), Chaundee (28), Crawford (2), Mitchell/Rich Wash/Melo (20)
C: Doral (25), SJM (10), Sarr (5)

I originally had Woods getting 8 minutes at SG. The more I think about it, the less I think we will see him on the court without two of Crawford/Childress/Wilbekin. If Manning is telling Hoard and Mucius this is the lineup this year, that has plenty of room for them at the wings next year. Woods takes over Wilbekin's guard minutes. If Crawford leaves, Chaundee plays some guard too.

Then we're looking at:
G: Childress (25), Woods (30), Chaundee (15), Wright/Devoe (10)
F: Chaundee (15), Hoard (28), Micius (27), Mitchell/Rich Wash/Melo (10)
C: Doral (25), SJM (10), Sarr (5)

Woods plays a few fill-in minutes at PG. Chaundee stays at SG/SF. Both frosh wings play plenty of minutes at both forward spots. If Sarr actually is a stretch 4, he cuts into those 10 forward minutes.

Interesting. We may not have a scholarship by then.

That's ideal timing for the staff. All spots may be taken then, but if they feel like they won't be able to land Mucius, Hoard, Ayo, Drinnon, or Devoe, then Roberts can come in and take that final spot. Great planning

So... based upon what I have read on this thread...what realistically can we expect from

1) a soph with 7 mins experience
2) a skinny foreign frosh
3) an even skinnier frosh
4) a preferred walk on

Back