• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Unfortunately there's not much reason to think our guards will be any better next year and they could actually be worse.

I think Woods could have a significantly better year with recovery from his knee injury.

Where is guard composure going to come from? How in the world do we quantify that? Are there magical drills to gain it?

During the GaTech game, John Collins said on air of his assessment of WFU this season: "it rises and falls with BC (crawford)" I think he is correct.

Until BC can stop flexing while being down 15 points and have some modicum of maturity, this team will not have composure when it counts. He is one of the most up and down players I've ever seen. When he's good and minimizes TOs, we were competitive. Otherwise, super suck city.

During the GaTech game, John Collins said on air of his assessment of WFU this season: "it rises and falls with BC (crawford)" I think he is correct.

Until BC can stop flexing while being down 15 points and have some modicum of maturity, this team will not have composure when it counts. He is one of the most up and down players I've ever seen. When he's good and minimizes TOs, we were competitive. Otherwise, super suck city.

As in Crawford trying a Jordan-esque posterizing dunk from the foul line when still in striking distance from Cuse and clanging it off the front of the rim instead of taking one more dribble, going up strong for layup with possibility to draw an and one?

As in Crawford trying a Jordan-esque posterizing dunk from the foul line when still in striking distance from Cuse and clanging it off the front of the rim instead of taking one more dribble, going up strong for layup with possibility to draw an and one?

There was 30 seconds left in the game and we were down 10.

I believe Tigerswood was being facetious due to the frustration of seeing only an incremental composure gain out of Craw despite playing 3000 minutes of college ball.

Yep. And it's not just him, although he's by far the most obvious example.

The last Jordan/Nike branded game he participated in, he played like the best guy on the court. And that game was filled with numerous other five star and a couple ten guys.

But he didn't play well in one game!!!! Must suck!

:wtftard::wtftard:

We could still take a 4 for 2018. Assuming Manning stays (seems likely, no rumblings from Wake), why not go an take Pitt's commit Bryce Golden now that Stallings is out? He is a legit 4 at 6'9 230, and will probably ask for his release. He has good handles and likes to bang in the post, could help out and allow Hoard to play his more natural 3 position, giving us more size overall. Golden played on team takeover with Anthony Harris (2019 target still?) and has ties to asst. coach Jones. His older brother was also Richmond's best player this year averaging 16 and 6.

Last edited:
What were Hoard's stats this year? Weird how little info has been posted about his season. When Giles, Chill, and co. were at WCA, we'd get game-by-game updates.

There was 30 seconds left in the game and we were down 10.

Better chance to win if the score gets to down 7 with
30 sec left. (Make the layup with the and 1.) Foul, then make a three and be down 6 with about 25 sec left. Instead clang, then layup the other way and down 12 with 25 sec.

Better chance to win if the score gets to down 7 with
30 sec left. (Make the layup with the and 1.) Foul, then make a three and be down 6 with about 25 sec left. Instead clang, then layup the other way and down 12 with 25 sec.

[No idea why am I even responding to this...] Where's this mysterious "and 1" coming from on the layup that didn't occur with the dunk attempt? If you think being down 10 with 30 seconds left is "striking distance" then we have different definitions of both "striking" and "distance."

[No idea why am I even responding to this...] Where's this mysterious "and 1" coming from on the layup that didn't occur with the dunk attempt? If you think being down 10 with 30 seconds left is "striking distance" then we have different definitions of both "striking" and "distance."

The "and 1" was in the nvadeac post I quoted.

It's funny that people are conveniently forgetting that a team coached by Manning, with Crawford as the PG, blew a 7 point lead, with the ball in 24 (or was it 21?) seconds at home against UVA.

It's funny that people are conveniently forgetting that a team coached by Manning, with Crawford as the PG, blew a 7 point lead, with the ball in 24 (or was it 21?) seconds at home against UVA.

I certainly haven't forgotten that. Do you think that makes it more or less likely that Wake comes back from 10 down with 30 seconds left?

Back