• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

The name is getting out through other outlets now of lkenna Smart from Buffalo Univ. 6.10 240. Saw he played high school in NC and has wife in NC. Seems to be a very bright kid that speaks several languages. Don’t know if this is a done deal or not.

if so, what the hell.

Also, heard that we will be getting visits from more touted prospects in the near term.

i'm not saying he's good but his mixtape looks better than his #s

The name is getting out through other outlets now of lkenna Smart from Buffalo Univ. 6.10 240. Saw he played high school in NC and has wife in NC. Seems to be a very bright kid that speaks several languages. Don’t know if this is a done deal or not.

Are we prepared to give Mrs. Smart tenure this time?

i'm not saying he's good but his mixtape looks better than his #s

Looks athletic at least. Maybe he'll bring good defense? Averaging three PPG and three RBP is not good enough to transfer to an ACC school. Maybe Danny told him he'd be backing up Sarr or playing the 4 to move Hoard to the 3 in certain lineups? I'm trying to make sense of this.

He had a bad back that he has overcome and didn’t play hoops until a soph.in high school. Les has some basketball recruiting info. that sounded pretty positive.

A quick update is that he has yet to visit so this is still a work in progress at this point.

I’m cool with Smart getting ~10mpg behind Sarr. Obviously not ideal, but probably not a complete disaster.

I mean, we’re taking about 8-9 in the rotation.

Kind of hope Sarr isn’t so good that he bolts for the NBA after next season (90% kidding).

I think we are still moving on other top grad post players and expect some visits soon. See Les for details.

Last edited:

Smart has one year of eligibility after this one. But he won’t be playing for the Bulls next season. He’ll be moving to Greensboro to live with Jillian and go to grad school. He’s hoping to play one last season with a college in North Carolina. As a graduate in good standing, he can play as a transfer without sitting out a year.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/14/jerry-sullivan-ikenna-is-smart-and-a-true-student-athlete/

I'm imagining the meltdown here when he signs with Wes at UNCG.

Back