• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Think C.J. Harris will work out pretty good. Aside from that. . . pretty bleak.

Haha. That’s pretty good. That class would be optimistic for 2019.

Lol, punches the dude then gets teabagged by his teammate. A+ vid.

You could save yourself a lot of typing by just saying "Y'all were right, I was wrong."

Your best argument so far is that the rest of us were right, we were just right prematurely. We were too right. That's what you've got.

Lol. A guy who adamantly predicts that a fair coin flip is going to be Heads doesn’t get to claim he was right all along and that everyone who said tails was an idiot if the coin flip comes up heads.

If there was someone in between 11/6/15 and 3/1/17 who predicted that

1. we would make the NCAA tourney and finish in the top 40 in 16-17 with our best player being John Collins.

2. That John Collins would go pro after his sophomore year

3. That Dinos Mitoglou would go pro as well

4. That our 2016 class would be as bad as it was

5. That we would suck as bad as we did last year

6. That the 2019 class would be as bad as the 2016 one

And I will bow down to their rightness. Otherwise fuck off.

There have been plenty of signs about Manning since day 1. Most of us tried to close our eyes a bit and hope, but last year's team made that all but impossible unless you were obstinate.

There was never a 50/50 chance Manning would work out.

Lol. A guy who adamantly predicts that a fair coin flip is going to be Heads doesn’t get to claim he was right all along and that everyone who said tails was an idiot if the coin flip comes up heads.

If there was someone in between 11/6/15 and 3/1/17 who predicted that

1. we would make the NCAA tourney and finish in the top 40 in 16-17 with our best player being John Collins.

2. That John Collins would go pro after his sophomore year

3. That Dinos Mitoglou would go pro as well

4. That our 2016 class would be as bad as it was

5. That we would suck as bad as we did last year

6. That the 2019 class would be as bad as the 2016 one

And I will bow down to their rightness. Otherwise fuck off.

No. This discussion is about how all of us saw 1 through 5 happen. People like you were still like:

My position, which y’all have been misrepresenting since 2015, became untenable sometime between John Collins going pro and the Woods/Crawford/Moore trio leaving the program.

My theory of the case has always been that talent was the way back to a winning program, that Manning was capable of bringing in Skip/Dino level talent, that if he actually brought in that talent results would follow, but that he had a small window to make that happen before bad results from lack of talent prevented more talent from coming in.

That’s why even through the end of last season I thought Manning should get another year, but that even if we did well next year he should be let go if the 2019 class was a dud (so essentially don’t fire him for last year, but fire him for the negative impact last year had on the program once that impact becomes obvious).

I honestly thought he was through that window before JC left and believe I would have been proven right had JC stayed. I hoped, probably foolishly, that he could squeeze through that window again on the back of Hoard surrounded by an experienced team and some luck in the 2019 class.

My position, which y’all have been misrepresenting since 2015, became untenable sometime between John Collins going pro and the Woods/Crawford/Moore trio leaving the program.

See, that's where you're wrong. Your position was untenable before that...you just didn't see it like the rest of us did.

No. This discussion is about how all of us saw 1 through 5 happen. People like you were still like:

See my post above. Sure, if we are talking about the discussion from beginning of November 2017 onward (though I don’t recal a ton of posters talking about mass departures of experienced guys until the spring).

But y’all were bitching and moaning about Manning with the same conviction but none of the evidence long before then.

The problem is that it takes coaching as well as talent to win in the ACC. Manning was showing signs of being able to recruit. He never showed any signs of being able to coach that talent.

Honest question: If JC and Dinos stay, how does last year turn out?

Bubble team. #10 or #9 seed. Manning plays a similar lineup to 2016-17. Moore barely plays. Still a poor defensive team.

Bubble team. #10 or #9 seed. Manning plays a similar lineup to 2016-17. Moore barely plays. Still a poor defensive team.

I think that’s being a little obtuse but let’s roll with it.

Let’s assume Moore stays because he didn’t get as much run and Crawford and Keyshawn stay because they enjoyed last year. Maybe even throw in a 4 Star spring commit to round out the class. What does next year’s team look like?

Obtuse? I answered your question. Why do you think last year would have gone differently with Collins and Dinos?

Because the team returned almost everyone and teams that return almost everyone and add two solid role players typically get a lot better.

So you asked me a question and got mad because I didn't give you the answer you wanted. #9 or #10 seed is a lot better than the First Four anyway.

Back