• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I am not a keg half full guy these days but it is possible we have our 4star of the future already on our roster in Lewis. Really want an elite 4/5 to commit

Of course it’s gonna be VT.

1- Hacky sack
2- Never used #notcommitted

Honestly, at this point I’m hoping VT has a great season and some big program in another conference throws a ton of money at Buzz.

Then VT can go back to sucking.

1- Hacky sack

Honestly, at this point I’m hoping VT has a great season and some big program in another conference throws a ton of money at Buzz.

You mean like we should have done?

Omar Payne committed to Florida yesterday, by the way. That was another name at one point.

I am not a keg half full guy these days but it is possible we have our 4star of the future already on our roster in Lewis. Really want an elite 4/5 to commit

Where can I place a wager on Lewis being really good and then having some obscure injury like 3 games in that ends his season?

1- Hacky sack

Not so fast my friend. VT just offered a 2.5 star PG yesterday whose best other offer is BC. Tech needs bodies but not at that position necessarily. On what may be a related note, Robbie Beran picked Northwestern. He and Harris would have made a good class for Buzz by themselves.

Jalen Lecque commits to NC State.

Harris will pick VT, Lecque will choose State. Koulibaly is not the guy that was here and I don't have his name. He is probably French knowing out propensity for that country lately

Brutal. Any top 150 targets remaining out there that are looking to be a part of #newbeginnings?

Why can't we have nice things? Oh yeah, because Ron Wellman.

Fuck you, Ronnie!

Recruiting is going fine RChildress07 said, anybody who has any inside info is wrong RChildress07 said. Moore aint coming here and the ship has sailed for all our top targets.

These good players choosing to play in the ACC but not at the blue blood programs is not a fun development, especially in light of WF's on-court and recruiting struggles.

Completely agree. Lecque marks the 11th top 40 player in the last 5 years to choose a non-blue blood ACC program (Syracuse, Louisville, Duke, UNC). Over half have gone to Miami or FSU. State, Virginia Tech, and Virginia each have one. The only other school with more than one is ... checks notes ... Wake Forest.

Any shot at all with Tyrese Samuel, bigboy? He seems to be the only one we know about left that we have even a tiny shred of a chance with, but maybe you can shoot that down, too.

Completely agree. Lecque marks the 11th top 40 player in the last 5 years to choose a non-blue blood ACC program (Syracuse, Louisville, Duke, UNC). Over half have gone to Miami or FSU. State, Virginia Tech, and Virginia each have one. The only other school with more than one is ... checks notes ... Wake Forest.

Personally I am not impressed with Lecque, he shoots about like Ish did in college. Harris will be a tremendous get for VT and is way under valued IMO. Should be a top 40 kid and if he was flashy and selfish, he would be

Back