• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I’ll take opinions without evidence for $200, Alex

Of course I don’t have any evidence. Just guessing because he was supposed to commit. Isn’t that what we do here on stuff like this?

If you have the scoop please feel free to share.

I know this has been said a million times, but it's especially tough for wake to take transfers (JuCo or otherwise) because of our divisional requirements and the (perhaps) unreasonably high standards we use to determine which credits transfer.

I remember being pissed as a dumbass high schooler that wake wouldn't transfer some of my AP credits because they were 4s. Carolina was accepting 2s and 3s.

MDMH or anyone else that came in as a transfer any insights?

Wake makes it extra difficult for jucos in two seperate ways: the first is the one that everyone knows already which is how selective Wake is in accepting transfer credits, the 2nd problem is that Wake will often only accept transfer core credit classes as "elective" credits. In order for a juco to transfer they have to be able to graduate in a certain amount of semesters, and losing your core curriculum hours often means that it would be difficult to near impossible to fullfill a major and re-take the core curriculum classes. Imagine trying to transfer as a rising junior and you get accepted to Wake, but with only 19 hours transferring, and 9 of them as electives.

Of course I don’t have any evidence. Just guessing because he was supposed to commit. Isn’t that what we do here on stuff like this?

If you have the scoop please feel free to share.

Sportsnut and Les have said he wasn’t coming here for several weeks.

And lol at the idea that a specific loss would matter

Sportsnut and Les have said he wasn’t coming here for several weeks.

And lol at the idea that a specific loss would matter

You are awarded one message board victory point for noting a frivolous statement I made while essentially typing my stream of thoughts out loud.

May God have mercy on my soul. You are so very wise. I will look to curtail any nonessential thought patterns in the future. Thank you.

For those interested in watching Bilau and LaMelo Ball play together (Although Rocket Watts is the best player on that team), Spire will be on ESPN+ for anyone that may have a subscription. The game is on December 7th, next Friday, at 7:30 PM. It is only available on ESPN+. Spire will be playing against Bella Vista Prep which features Terry Armstrong (Arizona commit) and Addison Patterson (#1 HS player from Canada).

Not sure where to put this, but IIRC, on this thread, there was a discussion about poorly ranked recruits getting offers from Power V schools.

UVA's PG Kihei Clark was ranked #342 in the HS class of 2018. He is now starting for the #4 team in the country as a true frosh. In his last two games, playing 72 minutes, in wins against ranked teams, Clark has zero turnovers. Clark's other offers were UC-Davis and Xavier. That said, Tony Bennett gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to offering low-rated recruits. Our staff does not.

Ky Bowman was ranked in that range, too, right?

I guess France is the only country where no-one knows that Manning blows. Ride it while you can. The word will get out soon enough.

Bilau playing well at Spire so far. May be too good to end up at Wake.
I think I mentioned it earlier with regards to the added exposure. Someone said he left QEA because Wake and QEA don't get along. Seems odd though that he would go to Ohio rather than another more local "Academy."

I think he's looking for exposure and better offers. Playing there with Ball and other big names will help. Games are sold out, lots of coaches at games, live streaming games, etc.

Probably best no kid commits to Manning at this point. Our next coach will need all the scholarships available that he can get.

Back