• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

I know they're just highlight videos, but it's hard to watch Mucius and not consider him immediately the 2nd most talented player on the team behind Hoard given his length, shot, and athleticism. Probably expecting too much, though. Hopefully he can play defense. I have a feeling we're all going to be pining for a Craw/Chill, Brown, Mucius, Hoard, Moore lineup next year.

I know they're just highlight videos, but it's hard to watch Mucius and not consider him immediately the 2nd most talented player on the team behind Hoard given his length, shot, and athleticism. Probably expecting too much, though. Hopefully he can play defense. I have a feeling we're all going to be pining for a Craw/Chill, Brown, Mucius, Hoard, Moore lineup next year.

I guess the only other real alternative is Donovan Mitchell starting ahead of one of those guys. I guess he's way ahead of Dick Wash and Melo.

I guess the only other real alternative is Donovan Mitchell starting ahead of one of those guys. I guess he's way ahead of Dick Wash and Melo.

With Manning, everything is on the table. Could easily replace Mucius with Key/Chill and run 3 guards all year (seems sadly likely). Or start Sarr at the 4 with Hoard at 3 (much better). Need RJ for minute allocation, STAT!

Barring unexpected roster turnover, I think we'll run about 8 deep next year:
Crawford/Childress
Brown/Woods
Hoard/Mucius
Moore/Sarr

Mitchell and/or Melo might sneak in there with some additional improvement... And Wright/Lewis are more wildcards, imo.

Gotcha. I guess I misunderstood your post.

I was saying there isn’t a way for him to get minutes at the 2 this season because he’d prob have to be on the floor w/ a PG, Moore, Sarr, and probably Mitchell at the 3. That’s not a great option.

By losing Wilbekin and gaining Hoard & Mucius, I think you’ll see Brown at the 2 sometimes. But yeah, it’s still a logjam at guard.

But who knows what will happen this offseason.

To be fair, PH missed my point. As I stated, I think the lineup is more of a reality when those players are upperclassmen.

Mucius is so nice. Can’t wait to see he and Brown on the wings. Especially as upper classmen.

If Crawford and Woods are still playing over Mucius and Brown in 19-20 I will be extremely surprised. I also agree that we will see bigger lineups next year. The fact that we are removing Wilbekins minutes is an automatic chance for more big guard lineups. However it would be foolish not to think that Crawford (sr), Woods (sr), and Chill (Jr), wouldn't have the upper hand on minutes. Brown was able to force his way as a freshman into the starting lineup, and he is playing 21 minutes a night. Hoard is going to be better than Brown, and Mucius is going to a little behind Brown due to physicality. So I think we will see some big guard lineups simply as a function of playing time. It won't be heavy minutes, but we will have a logjam at the guard next year that we wont have in subsequent years. That is a good thing. We will finally have some seniors!

If Hoard is going to play at the 3 at all (which he is), then that automatically makes us bigger on the wings than we have been all year.

Next season should be (barring unexpected losses) the first one in a long time with true ACC level players at every position:

C- Moore, Sarr
PF - Sarr, Hoard
SF - Hoard, Mucius, Brown
2G - Woods, Brown
PG - Crawford, BChill.

That leaves Wright, D.Mitchell, Lewis, Eggleston, Washington and Okeke for spot minutes.

I am making the assumption that Brown improves his handle over the Summer.

Haha. You guys are throwing trends right out the window with your minutes/rotation projections.

1. Danny Manning plays 10 guys. Every year. If he doesn't have 10 scholly players, he plays walk-ons. So, in summary, he plays 10 guys. Every year. No matter what.

2. He is playing Moore and Sarr next to each other this year. He is not going to undo that next year. For one, the 4 is going to be Sarr's bread and butter at the next level due to his mobility so he is doing him a favor playing him there some and moving him out to the 3-point line. Obviously, he needs to be a better 3-point shooter in game time.

3. I doubt D.Mitchell goes from 8 minutes per game to spot minutes. He is the guy most likely to get quality minutes next year as he is getting them this year. In fact, he has surprised me. He also looks 16. He should have been redshirted last year. Shame on us. He'll play at least 8 minutes per game next year, if not a bump up.

4. The last guy to most likely be in that 10 man rotation is Eggleston. Standard bump between frosh and soph years. See D. Mitchell for reference.

5. I am not convinced we will see Craw in a Wake uni next year. I hope my fears prove unfounded.

1. Danny Manning plays 10 guys. Every year. If he doesn't have 10 scholly players, he plays walk-ons. So, in summary, he plays 10 guys. Every year. No matter what.

Disagree with you on Mitchell, but that's fine. Sweet stroke, but he needs a lot of work in other areas.

Aside from that, I think we're on the same page... You say he plays 10 guys, I say he has an 8 man rotation. It's basically the same thing. I just don't include Mitchell's 10mpg and Melo's 5mpg as part of this year's rotation. I draw the line at Sarr getting 16+.

Same deal next year. The 8 guys I mentioned and then probably 1-2 others seeing short stints depending on matchups/foul trouble.

Counterpoint to that, we have not had a roster with a true SF on it before next year (Arians maybe, but he was a pure shooter and nothing more. So, not a modern SF). Chuandee is a SG. Manning does like to run a 3 guard lineup, but the term "guard" there may be used loosely to translate as "three guys who can handle the ball." Hoard and Mucius can both handle the ball. I'm hoping with more length and two-way talent that Manning will change his ways a bit.*

*By a bit, I know Key, Chill, and Craw will get almost all the minutes at the 1 and 2, with Chaundee getting the rest of the 2 minutes and a lot at the 3. I'm wanting to see a lineup with Moore/Sarr/Hoard/Chaundee, Sarr/Hoard/Mucius/Chaundee, or Moore/Hoard/Mucius/Chaundee.

This is also all assuming Mucius comes in ready - which it looks like he will - he may need some quality time with Ryan Horn first. I hope he enrolls in the Summer.

Last edited:
To be fair, PH missed my point. As I stated, I think the lineup is more of a reality when those players are upperclassmen.

If Crawford and Woods are still playing over Mucius and Brown in 19-20 I will be extremely surprised. I also agree that we will see bigger lineups next year. The fact that we are removing Wilbekins minutes is an automatic chance for more big guard lineups. However it would be foolish not to think that Crawford (sr), Woods (sr), and Chill (Jr), wouldn't have the upper hand on minutes. Brown was able to force his way as a freshman into the starting lineup, and he is playing 21 minutes a night. Hoard is going to be better than Brown, and Mucius is going to a little behind Brown due to physicality. So I think we will see some big guard lineups simply as a function of playing time. It won't be heavy minutes, but we will have a logjam at the guard next year that we wont have in subsequent years. That is a good thing. We will finally have some seniors!

If Hoard is going to play at the 3 at all (which he is), then that automatically makes us bigger on the wings than we have been all year.

If Craw and Key are playing in 19-20, it will be the 5th year of eligibility for each. :)

We're still going to suck next year unless Childress, Crawford, and Woods start shooting a better 3-point percentage.

I'm not pining for Crawford and Childress to play extensive minutes together next year.

We're still going to suck next year unless Childress, Crawford, and Woods start shooting a better 3-point percentage.

Not sure I agree/disagree, but where does this come from? It's actually been a relative strength this season, especially within conference games.

Childress was much better shooting in the OOC schedule, but Crawford is actually at 41% in the ACC... I don't worry about Woods shooting, but he should be better than the 40% he's at.

Disagree with you on Mitchell, but that's fine. Sweet stroke, but he needs a lot of work in other areas.

Aside from that, I think we're on the same page... You say he plays 10 guys, I say he has an 8 man rotation. It's basically the same thing. I just don't include Mitchell's 10mpg and Melo's 5mpg as part of this year's rotation. I draw the line at Sarr getting 16+.

Same deal next year. The 8 guys I mentioned and then probably 1-2 others seeing short stints depending on matchups/foul trouble.

That's weird math in my book. 10mpg is 25% of game action - that is being part of the rotation.

Not sure I agree/disagree, but where does this come from? It's actually been a relative strength this season, especially within conference games.

Childress was much better shooting in the OOC schedule, but Crawford is actually at 41% in the ACC... I don't worry about Woods shooting, but he should be better than the 40% he's at.

Woods, Childress, and Crawford are #18, #26, and #31 in 3-point percentage in the ACC. Wilbekin is #8, FWIW. Just think we need to be a little better to loosen defenses up for the freshmen. Moore could be a big help if he were to start requiring a double team.

Woods, Childress, and Crawford are #18, #26, and #31 in 3-point percentage in the ACC. Wilbekin is #8, FWIW. Just think we need to be a little better to loosen defenses up for the freshmen. Moore could be a big help if he were to start requiring a double team.

Where do you pull those stats from? I can easily find individual stats, but I haven't been able to find a good site for ACC leaders... It is either too restrictive or not restrictive at all.

Back