• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea i would think he’s picking Clemson seeing he has visited there a few times and never visited here. Also prob wants to be closer to home.
30 minutes closer to home...

That said, yeah, seems like Clemson is likely given the timing and lack of visits to Wake. Landing a top 125 guy in June without even a visit to campus would be a hell of a sale by Forbes.

Last edited:
I thought Rice went off on us because he was interested but we didn't offer? Maybe I'm misremembering.

What makes it hard, according to Beadle, is that each school can provide him with what he’s looking for.
“They all check my boxes off over what I want in each school,” Beadle said. “A fast-paced team, a guard oriented team, good coaches with history and family oriented culture.”

Clemson has been recruiting Beadle for an extended period. He went up for a couple of games last season and Clemson coaches took in some of his. Brad Brownell offered in early May and the prusue has continued.
“I think Clemson is a real consideration with them being in my top five,” Beadle said. “We had a Zoom call the other day and it went well. They like how much that I know the game, my IQ really, and they think I’ll be a really good fit.”

Wake Forest also is a major player with new head coach Steve Forbes who had offered Beadle while at East Tennessee State. His lead recruiter for Beadle is Columbia’s own BJ McKie, the former USC star.
“He’s been recruiting me really hard and we talk a lot,” Beadle said. “He’ll text me after games sometimes. It’s really just more than basketball.”

https://www.goupstate.com/sports/20200619/clemson-guard-target-could-make-decisoin-sunday

Clemson seems to be the favorite.

"Joshua Beadle, 2021 G, Cardinal Newman: Watching the career of Cardinal Newman combo guard Joshua Beadle is going to be a fun one in the years to come. Sneaky athleticism and tremendous feel with the ball are just some of the things that make him a dynamic playmaker. Without being ball dominant he can find his footing on a team with his off-ball cutting and crafty finishes. Floaters, runners, and dunks were all mixed in well when figuring out ways to finish at our Carolina Preview. Despite the great showings in spurts as a scorer, it's his ability to drive, kick and make plays for others that stood out to our staff."

$10 says it's not clemson

A few days ago his top 2 were Wake and Clemson and now he wont pick neither school?

I don't think it is Wake either, if you put a gun to my head I would guess Furman

Last edited:
That would lead me to believe Wake and Clemson backed off a bit and don’t think he’s ACC caliber. I can’t fathom any other reason to go to one of the three other schools on his list.

I’d feel good about this if he goes to Furman. It would make sense as to why we are continuing to offer so many 2021 guards.

Could he be worried about us having two solid junior PGs when he arrives?

There is at least a 50/50 chance that by the time he gets to college Richey won’t be at Furman. Of course he could possibly get released and follow him to his next school.

That would lead me to believe Wake and Clemson backed off a bit and don’t think he’s ACC caliber. I can’t fathom any other reason to go to one of the three other schools on his list.

I’d feel good about this if he goes to Furman. It would make sense as to why we are continuing to offer so many 2021 guards.

If he does end up choosing Furman then we'll possibly have a 2nd chance for him in the transfer portal in a couple years when Furman's coach takes a P5 job

I am hearing he will NOT decide Sunday. Seems to me he is waiting on and wants to visit us and meet Forbes before committing anywhere else. When things like this occur, it is very variable and could change any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back