• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball recruiting update 4/1/2011

So was the article saying we were Katenda's number 1 just BS, or just we were number 1 until he visits some place he likes better (like ND)?

I mean we are his #1. We just don't know how long that will last haha.

A little help here?

1. What is the difficulty re Murray?
2. What is the likelihood of getting Murray?
3. Again, what is the status of Tabb?

I'd be interested to hear more details about his "difficult reputation."

Psychologically unstable. Refused to play hard or do what Giannini asked him to do. One game, Giannini replaced him and he wouldn't stay seated, even after multiple times of being told to sit down. Kept getting up and pacing behind the bench.

My A-10 friends say that he has million dollar talent and a 10 cent head. Stay away from Mr. Murray.

Psychologically unstable. Refused to play hard or do what Giannini asked him to do. One game, Giannini replaced him and he wouldn't stay seated, even after multiple times of being told to sit down. Kept getting up and pacing behind the bench.

My A-10 friends say that he has million dollar talent and a 10 cent head. Stay away from Mr. Murray.

Yeah we DO NOT WANT that.

Since we are going to be terrible anyway it could be fun to take out Murray for Ty and Ty for Murray. At least we would be entertained.

gladiatorsplash.gif

any news on tabb?

This is a good question and 1 i don't have an answer for. I don't think anyone does except for Coach [Redacted] right now. Just a guess on my part but I don't think we will hear anything certain until late April, early May. I hope this has more to do with Melvins best interest and academic results and less to do with waiting on Katenda.

Very true, although I'd at least mention that the fact that some of our commits (CMM and Washington, at least) have already reclassified once lends some creedence to the "hissy fits" since reclassification means that scouts and other college coaches have had a full additional year to give them higher rankings or extend offers and still have not done so.

Either way, I agree that generally, bball rankings for kids PRIOR to the summer between their junior and senior year of HS aren't nearly as reliable as the post-summer ones.

I believe CMM has not reclassified, and is a true hs jr. Rountree did however.

Yeah, I asked one of the A-10 media experts about him, and he said that he has an NBA body and talent, but it is tougher to light a fire in him than to put one out. He also spends too much time floating on the perimeter instead of going down low where he could legitimately dominate.

Recruit Scoop confirms Katenda will visit Iowa this weekend.

He also says Ashaolu is "hearing from Kentucky, San Diego State, Duquesne, Oregon, Kansas State, Iowa State & Mississippi State." Doesn't look good.

Aaric Murray supposed to visit Okie State next weekend.

Kale Abrahamson's Rivals profile. Ugh. Two-star player on ESPN with an evaluation (not 2 stars by default.)

Zach Auguste at least has some high-major offers, but his ESPN write-up sounds like Ty Walker's.

In other ACC news, UVA picked up a big-time commit from 2012 SF Evan Nolte, top 75 player on both Scout and Rivals whom we were recruiting at one point.

Kale is in the middle of a serious growth spurt & could easily end up at 6'9. So don't be surprised if his rankings is bumped up to 3 stars by the end of the summer.

Maybe that will finally get him that coveted offer from Drake.

So it's a bad thing to identify talent before other programs. Good to know.

You say "talent," I say "Richard Joyce." To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Hey Deacon fans...any update on Katenda? Heard good things about his visit last night - and don't feed me the pouty BS of "Well, I heard that it was good but Notre Dame is a really great school and he's going to their spring game" WHO CARES?? Show some f'ing enthusiasm! Wake is a really great school too and in way better climate, with way better chics. That counts for something right?? I am really hoping we land Eric - he would be a fantastic grab for 2011 and a nice way to usher in the transition period away from hoops.

Eric, if you're reading this - come on down to W-S!

Hey Deacon fans...any update on Katenda? Heard good things about his visit last night - and don't feed me the pouty BS of "Well, I heard that it was good but Notre Dame is a really great school and he's going to their spring game" WHO CARES?? Show some f'ing enthusiasm! Wake is a really great school too and in way better climate, with way better chics. That counts for something right?? I am really hoping we land Eric - he would be a fantastic grab for 2011 and a nice way to usher in the transition period away from hoops.

Eric, if you're reading this - come on down to W-S!

This. My final 2 choices were Wake & ND. Had a scholly to ND that would have covered all expenses and given me pocket money as well. Turned it down. 4 winters in South Bend at a school with 2 guys for every girl? Nothx.

Back