• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBQ sauce recipes

WFU71

Older than Dirt
Reaction score
Anyone have a recipe they're willing to share? I'm particularly interested in recipes that are gluten free, but figure I can modify others to suit.

I've got a ton but they'd take hours to transcribe here. You can search www.thesmokering.com for recipes. It's a literally a BBQ search engine. Also, look on Google for anything by Paul Kirk or Steven Raichlen. Bob Gibson has some great ones too.

North Carolina Vinegar Sauce
Prep Time:5 Minutes Cook Time:5 Minutes Total Time:10 Minutes Yield:2 cups
Ingredients

2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon Texas Pete's
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt

This is a Bryant's (Kansas City) clone.

1/2 cup distilled vinegar (all other recipes use too much)
1.5 cups water
1/2 cup paproka
1/4 mustard (this is what gives it the orange color, and I believe to be the secret ingredient)
1/8 cup kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup lard
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cummin

Here's a "red" sauce that my family uses on slow cooked shredded beef (use a chuck roast or even london broil). Slow cook with a can of stewed tomatoes and a chopped up onion.

1 bottle of Heinz chili sauce.
2 T of vinegar
2/3 c of liquid from the crock pot or use beef stock.
2 T brown sugar
2 1/2 T of Worschester (sp?) sauce
4 T of butter

Combine, bring to a boil and let simmer for 30-45 minutes. If you use this on slow cooked beef add the tomatoes and onions from the pot to the sauce.

This is one I like:

2 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. vinegar
3 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 to 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce

Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 15 minutes; stirring often. Makes about 2 1/2 cups sauce.

Back