• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC/Wake Game Thread

CJ and Travis deserve to be left in when they are playing well. These guys have worked exceptionally hard and Travis especially has suffered through some agonizing games. It would be "classless" to deprive them of enjoying an exceptional game, particularly after these 2 seasons.

if that's his perspective then he shouldn't have scolded Nikita for the dunk.

Didn't CJ come out with like 4:30 left? That doesn't really seem unsportsmanlike to me. I didn't notice when Travis came out.

Would have liked to have seen Ryan get to finish the game considering his folks came from the other side of the world to see him play.

In the post game Carson said the players had a meeting and discussed the 2nd half struggles. FWIW.

Bzz also pointed to how they changed their defense at about the 10 min mark. Hmm, coaching? In game adjustments?

The one thought I had about our offense today as related to other games. Today we never really had a cold stretch so we kept running the offense. It makes me think that when we do go cold the guys get frustrated and stop moving, working and start doing more one on one stuff, instead of sticking with the plan.

I think Travis came out with about 2.5 to go.

I guess we can complain about FT shooting and Bzz not pulling his players soon enough.

CJ was out at 4:29, Travis at 3:14. I think that was plenty, they are 50% of our offense and BC hadn't stopped playing yet.

I thought Ryan was taken out so he could get some fan appreciation. How many walk ons get that. :)

CJ was out at 4:29, Travis at 3:14. I think that was plenty, they are 50% of our offense and BC hadn't stopped playing yet.

I thought Ryan was taken out so he could get some fan appreciation. How many walk ons get that. :)

QFT.

We did blow a 19 point lead to Yale at home with 10 minutes left in the game earlier this year. This team can't afford to take anything for granted until 100% certainty.

Well that was fun. 5-11 wouldn't be so bad I suppose. Honestly I just want to make it to Friday in the ACCT at this point.

Glad the players had a meeting. There's no quit on a few of them and it shows. They deserve a few games like this. Coaching or no coaching, I feel for guys like CJ, Travis, Carson et al. They've done nothing but work their asses off for the old gold and black, and hopefully they will be rewarded for it eventually.

Well that was fun. 5-11 wouldn't be so bad I suppose. Honestly I just want to make it to Friday in the ACCT at this point.

Man, considering everything we've suffered through the past 2 months, 5-11 sounds pretty good right about now. That in itself makes me sad, but still; 5-11 is a heckuva step up from 1-15 with an even slimmer roster.

Glad the players had a meeting. There's no quit on a few of them and it shows. They deserve a few games like this. Coaching or no coaching, I feel for guys like CJ, Travis, Carson et al. They've done nothing but work their asses off for the old gold and black, and hopefully they will be rewarded for it eventually.

I agree.
These guys deserved a fun, blowout win of there own............they've been on the other end of too many.

The highlight for me was the oop to Travis. Where has that been? That was a quality fast break. And a great payoff for Travis for running the court.

Back