• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS Championship Game Thread

South Carolina fans aren't good at reading comprehension

there is no more appropriate nickname for that fan base than Cocks. it's perfect. you could think about it for 100 years and not come up with something better.

there is no more appropriate nickname for that fan base than Cocks. it's perfect. you could think about it for 100 years and not come up with something better.

there is something wrong with a fanbase that routinely packed the stadium when the team had years of losing records.

Soooo...people are already talking 3peat. No team has ever done it. If they can put together a pretty decent OL the offense should be explosive with McCarron, Yeldon and Cooper. On defense A-A LB CJ Mosley said he's coming back and they return some other quality talent on D. Milliner is probably gone one would think. Bama will almost certainly start the year ranked #1 and avoids the Cocks, Gators and Dawgs next year plus gets LSU at home.

Hardest road game is week 2 at Texas A&M. Other SEC road games are at Kentucky, Mississippi St, and Auburn. Very easy.

Maybe VTech can pull off the huge upset in week 1 in Atlanta.

Hardest road game is week 2 at Texas A&M. Other SEC road games are at Kentucky, Mississippi St, and Auburn. Very easy.

Maybe VTech can pull off the huge upset in week 1 in Atlanta.

johnny football gets them in week 2, they run the table and because their loss was early in the season with a new o-line, voters don't weigh it as heavily. win SECCG and throttle whoever they get in the BCSCG. 3-peat.

i'm sure it's been mentioned, but i do find it funny that a year ago sec fan was gloating about tamu was about to get pwned by the big boys next year, and now they are one of the conference flag bearers.

Soooo...people are already talking 3peat. No team has ever done it. If they can put together a pretty decent OL the offense should be explosive with McCarron, Yeldon and Cooper. On defense A-A LB CJ Mosley said he's coming back and they return some other quality talent on D. Milliner is probably gone one would think. Bama will almost certainly start the year ranked #1 and avoids the Cocks, Gators and Dawgs next year plus gets LSU at home.

Dont they do that pretty much every year?

I hate SEC scheduling. The top team never play each other, which is why they are always undefeated or have only 1 loss

i'm sure it's been mentioned, but i do find it funny that a year ago sec fan was gloating about tamu was about to get pwned by the big boys next year, and now they are one of the conference flag bearers.

nobody ever claimed that SEC people are smart

johnny football gets them in week 2, they run the table and because their loss was early in the season with a new o-line, voters don't weigh it as heavily. win SECCG and throttle whoever they get in the BCSCG. 3-peat.

this is my nightmare.

they need to lose to tamu early, tamu needs to block them from getting to ATL, and then two undefeated teams play for title.

SEC fans always want to have their cake and eat it too.

Unfortunately, the throttle-ee will probably be Ohio State.

I in no way think those calls changed the outcome of the game (from the standpoint that Bama was obviously the better team). But it is also a little ridiculous to think that those calls didnt deflate any or all of ND's upset hopes.

That call on the punt for example is a type of play one can usually point to in some sort of upset. Again that is not to say ND would have won, but it is definitely deflating to see a possible turnover in Alabama territory get turned into a 14 point Bama lead within 1:30 of game time

You lose more credibility with each post. If ND is such a pussified team that a couple of bad calls (one of which is not certain was a bad call anyway) destroys their psyche, then they have no business whiffing this game.

You lose more credibility with each post. If ND is such a pussified team that a couple of bad calls (one of which is not certain was a bad call anyway) destroys their psyche, then they have no business whiffing this game.

Pussies or not, you are undervaluing the role of emotion in football or sports, has in a game. Champions overcome those emotional ups and downs.

I agree with you that ND has no business playing inthe game if they can't overcome that. But it was fairly obvious that punt call deflated their sideline

Back