• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beating ourselves

Reaction score
On offense it's play calling

On defense it's tackling

Martin should be running the ball regularly...yet he is not.

We aren't beating ourselves. We are being beaten fair and square by one of the worst teams in major football.

Drop your lube and Grobie centerfolds, lemmings! This clown is taking us to the bottom before he rides off into the sunset richer than ice cream.

On offense it's play calling

On defense it's tackling

Martin should be running the ball regularly...yet he is not.

No Martin should be splitting with Harris which he is doing that is the right call. Josh is a better blocker and seems to be able to run the right way during playactions.

We aren't beating ourselves. We are being beaten fair and square by one of the worst teams in major football.

Drop your lube and Grobie centerfolds, lemmings! This clown is taking us to the bottom before he rides off into the sunset richer than ice cream.

You're kidding. We can't tackle we don't have more than one play maker on offense.

Defense is playing better against the run in the second half -- really good to see.

Enables other things to happen.

Receivers who can't catch and defenders who can't tackle. Defensive linemen who can't block...wait.

Grobe says earlier in the week that Martin is the first back we have had in a while that runs "down hill", yet we don't have him in on 2 straight runs that begin with a 2nd and 2 or 3 (and don't pick it up). For the second week in a row, our running game seems to be clicking; however, despite being without our best WR, having our other WR/RBs already drop 5 or 6 passes, and our OL show once again that they can't protect, I don't think we ran two consecutive running plays in the last 25 minutes of the game. I thought for sure we were going to grind out some nice drives in the late 3rd qtr/early 4th qtr range, yet we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with 2nd and 6 by trying to get too cute with some passing plays. A hold, sack, or dropped pass later and we had pretty much killed that drive. And don't get me started on the total inability to stop them on things like 3rd and forty.

Tanner also had an off day. It wasn't just the poor catching by the receivers. Pass blocking was very weak. Duke came ready to play, some of our guys didn't.

Where is Noel? He's having an off year.

Tanner had a good game today and Noel wasn't in any position to make plays, nor was he targeted beyond 10 yards down field because of coaching and reputation respectively.

Tanner also had an off day. It wasn't just the poor catching by the receivers. Pass blocking was very weak. Duke came ready to play, some of our guys didn't.

Where is Noel? He's having an off year.

I wouldn't say Tanner had an "off" day. WR/RBs had at least a half dozen drops today, and then the OL struggled with protection in the second half. Tanner made some great throws today - unfortunately several of them went right through his guys' hands ...

Tanner had a good game today and Noel wasn't in any position to make plays, nor was he targeted beyond 10 yards down field because of coaching and reputation respectively.

He really did. He can't catch the ball for his receivers nor can he block for himself. I thought he played very well under the circumstances. I don't blame him for not trusting his offensive line, I sure as hell don't.

What do people want Bud to do? They never throw to him. He has essentially eliminated his side as a throwing option.

Tanner had a really good game. His one big mistake was holding on to the ball for too long that led to the fumble after the Ragland drop.

Agreed about Bud. Today they made a living off their #3 WR.

Back